1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New DIGN Case (HV5). How much and where from?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by BBD, May 4, 2003.

1. BBD

BBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I'm looking for a Desktop case for my HTPC and I like the look of the new DIGN AV5 does anyone know where I can get it from or/and how much it costs? I followed links from previous posts but only found the Accent version.

I want to install a DVD writer and I haven't found a slot load version so this rules out the LMP. The AV5 has a single tray load bay. Any opinons on using a writer drive for playing DVD's is this okay or should I go for a double bay Accent?:confused:

2. gab2001uk

gab2001uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
  3. BBD

BBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi gab2001uk

Thanks for the links, I was all ready looking at quietpc they appear to be the best bet for The Dign Accent. I'll check out the Sony link.
    Is the requirement for reduced time for laser use on the writer just to increase life span? I more concerned with noise and playback quality. I'm not sure if there are writers available that can use speed reducing hacks to quieten them down like the one for the Pioneer 106. I'm also looking for opinons on playback quality of writers?

PS gab2001uk have you got the Dign case and if so how do you rate it? I've been reading mixed opinions but it looks good to me.

4. gab2001uk

gab2001uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    The case is on order. Stock expected 8 May.
    I currently use Sony DRU120A DVD+R/RW only. It seems to make the same noise level as the Lite-on DVD-ROM.
    The intermittent use is to increase the life span only. Playback quality is excellent, and will even play discs other DVD-ROM refuse. These writers have not been around long enough to test out the laser's capabilities yet, but I did not want to take chances.
    The dual disc format also allows you to copy discs directly without making an image first.

5. BBD

BBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Graham

I think I'll just use the one drive for now and see how it goes. A few more questions if you don't mind.
    1) I assume you use it as a multiregion player, how did you do this? (software or firmware update)
    2) Can you get black fronts for this drive?

Still like to now if the new HV5 is only sale yet and who will stock it, Anyone?
    I might buy a cheap case to get up and running and wait for it.

6. loonatic

loonatic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Hi,

You can also get the cases from Kustom PCs.

They only sell the case complete with the VFD and remote...but I guess you'd be getting those anyway espcially as it allows you to remotely power on the PC.

Cheers, Lee

7. BBD

BBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi Lee

Yes I've seen it at Kustom Pc's but I've already got a irman and ir keyboard so I don't think its worth paying a lot extra just for remote power on