• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Digital TV but Magic Eye now fails. Help!

ElderlyEric

Established Member
My Magic Eye has worked very well with my Sony analogue TV for a long time but I cannot get it to work with my new Samsung TV.
The new TV is connected by the same co ax cable from the Sky + box.
The Samsung "Plug & Play" gives the Antenna options: Air, or Cable. I chose Air.
Next there is a Memorise choice between; Digital & Analogue, Digital, Analogue. I chose Digital.
The set up was fine, lots of digital channels memorised so the magic eye cable to my Sky box must have been connected correctly. But there was no channel that allowed me to control my Sky box from the Sky remote the TV.
So I tried the plug and play option again but this time chose the "Cable" antenna option. No channels were memorised.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong or what I might try would be very welcome. My "boss" is upset, because while she is ironing she can no longer watch the Sky programmes she has recorded. The dog house is no fun!

Last edited:

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
My Magic Eye has worked very well with my Sony analogue TV for a long time but I cannot get it to work with my new Samsung TV.
The new TV is connected by the same co ax cable from the Sky + box.
The Samsung "Plug & Play" gives the Antenna options: Air, or Cable. I chose Air.
Next there is a Memorise choice between; Digital & Analogue, Digital, Analogue. I chose Digital.
The set up was fine, lots of digital channels memorised so the magic eye cable to my Sky box must have been connected correctly. But there was no channel that allowed me to control my Sky box from the Sky remote the TV.
So I tried the plug and play option again but this time chose the "Cable" antenna option. No channels were memorised.

Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong or what I might try would be very welcome. My "boss" is upset, because while she is ironing she can no longer watch the Sky programmes she has recorded. The dog house is no fun!

As the above poster says you need analogue and digital as the Sky output is analogue not digital and usually on UHF 68

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom