• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Denon AVR

Looking to upgrade my current AVR to take advantage of some of the new Gen of features.

I currently have a X2200w that is working fine and without issue but would like to get ahead and ready for the new stuff Earc, Imax

for these upgrades I'm going to need to go a minimum of 3500.

so the question I have what amp would you go for Denon 3500H for £493 or the 4500H for £764.

Is the 4500H worth the extra money on a 5.1.2 system?

Alternatively I could wait for the next set of models and hope they end up equipped with a full blown 2.1 port.

andym81

Looking to upgrade my current AVR to take advantage of some of the new Gen of features.

I currently have a X2200w that is working fine and without issue but would like to get ahead and ready for the new stuff Earc, Imax

so the question I have what amp would you go for Denon 3500H for £493 or the 4500H for £764.

Alternatively I could wait for the next set of models and hope they end up equipped with a full blown 2.1 port.
To be honest if your happy with your 2200 your wasting your money imo. The main difference between the 3500 and 4500 is the 4500 has slighty more power, which you wont notice and can be expanded to 11 channels with a power amp.

gibbsy

Would your T Series sound better with the 4500, possibly, more headroom is always welcome. Then, however, the T Series themselves become the limiting factor as a 4500 is capable of driving far better speakers including the new R Series. If you're going to stick with the T Series and you have an acute attack of upgradiatus then the 3500 would be more than adequate, as indeed would the 2500.

sorry forgot to say, a speaker upgrade has been ordered. Moved to a Triad Mini LCR 3.0 and matching surrounds.

av2011

4500 I used today with Kef R300
I dont have full 5.1 yet
just 3 channels watched King Arthur,it was stunning.
I tried Sony 1080,Marantz 6013,they are nowhere near Denon 4500
Very happy with it.
Imax enhanced not available on 3500

Andy Seeker

Novice Member
Where did you get the 4500H for 764£?

Thanks
Andy

b1g1an

4500 I used today with Kef R300
I dont have full 5.1 yet
just 3 channels watched King Arthur,it was stunning.
I tried Sony 1080,Marantz 6013,they are nowhere near Denon 4500
Very happy with it.
Imax enhanced not available on 3500

My R300s sound stunning with my 3500 too, you really need a direct comparison between the two to decide the difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom