New Denon 4700 but sound and image keep cutting out

flamenco

Standard Member
I’ve installed my new Denon AVC X4700H this morning, following the on screen set up - all gone well. Tv is Sony KD49XH9505. Plugged Virgin TiVo box into the Denon using the arc hdmi socket. Watching BBC and the sound and vision suddenly cut out for a second or so and then back on. It has kept happening every 5 minutes or so - sometimes much more frequently sometimes With much longer gap. Only ever for a second or two. I’ve watched the display on the Denon and seen the speaker icons vanish as the sound goes off, and then come back on again with the sound.

it also happens with sky sports and other tv channels but not the Blu-ray player. Reading another thread with a similar issue, I have swapped the TiVo hdmi into a different socket on the Denon (dvd) and connected the optical output from the tv to the Denon. Same thing is still happening. Was hoping to present the new purchase as a triumph later this evening and am getting a bit desperate.

Dolus

'Plugged Virgin TiVo box into the Denon using the arc hdmi socket.'

You should connect the Virgin TV box with an HDMI cable from the HDMI socket on the box to the CBL/SAT HDMI socket on the Denon.

The ARC socket on the Denon is to connect to the ARC socket on the TV. ARC is for getting sound from the TV tuner,TV apps and devices connected to the TV.

It could be the HDMI cable playing up. Make sure it is seated properly or try a different one.

Last edited:

Paul42

Novice Member
If you have the Video Output set to Dual & only one TV plugged in or or the second one is switched off it will do that. It's the HDMI trying to negotiate with an unavailable device.
Set the output to Monitor1 or 2.

Last edited:

flamenco

Standard Member
Thank you both. I sorted the TiVo connection but it persisted. The unit is being swapped today for a new one so hopefully it will be resolved. Thank you for your help.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom