1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Denon 1906 or Yamaha RX-v750?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Ronan1, Aug 23, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Ronan1

Ronan1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Just read about the new Denon 1906 and see today that its arrived here costing 400 euro, exactly the same price as the Yamaha 750. Surely the Yamaha is superior sound wise to the new Denon? Thoughts please boys?

2. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    The 2 units have different sounds to each other and some people will prefere one sound to the other. The only way you can tell is to listen to them yourself and decide.:)

3. Ronan1

Ronan1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Thing is I need to drive my new Epos Els3 speaker package, something my Denon 1604 is struggling with therefore I am wary about underpowered amps. Although I like the sound of the Denon I would need to know if the Yamaha would make a better fist of driving my new speakers. I do not intend to upgrade for quite some time so I do not want to make a mistake on the power front for these speakers and I am limited to this budget. I realise there is a replacement for the Yamaha in the form of the 757 but this is stretching things a bit which leaves me deciding between these two amps. Only other alternative is the new yamaha 657.

4. Dfour

Dfour

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +85
    Another good amp to look for is the MArantz range. They have very good power amps inside of them and will happily provide plenty of power.

I would recommend the Yamaha as its a lot higher in the range then the 1604 is to denon. Should happily drive all your speakers.