1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new dell W3202MC 32'' TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by elkabyle, Oct 28, 2005.

1. elkabyle

elkabyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. PioRow

PioRow

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I've seen these, apparently I might be able to get one of these with a big discount, maybe 33% discount.
    I'm hoping they get a half decent review because they seem to have plenty of inputs and a nice bezel. Also I might be able to get 24 months interest free credit.

Its probably a rebadged NEC, not sure how good they are. But if its gets a half decent review I may get one anyway.

3. smoothy8r

smoothy8r
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone had a look at one of these yet or know of any reviews?

It exactly what I have been looking for in a LCD, small frame and the speakers can be remove and ditched!

4. beerman

beerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got one of these as a replacement for my W2600 that was faulty (hissing sound), got to love dell to give me a £1000 upgrade FOC :D

The picture is a lot better than the W2600 in my opinion. Not any noticable ghosting and the screen is actually thinner than the W2600 with the speakers detatched (just a tad taller) so fits better on my stand until I order a wall mount.

When the guy delivered it I thought he had brought a smaller size TV when I saw the box (comparing it to the huge W2600 box).

On gripe with it is the W2600 had 2 component inputs and this only has one but it does have a HDMI port which will be good when sky start broadcasting HD. Also has an integrated digital tuner with a CI slot so if you want to go down the Top up TV route you can without an extra box in your tv stand.

TBH if I hadn't have got it for free and I was looking for a 32 inch in the first place I would have brought a Panasonic LCD as the clarity out of those is far superior IMO.

5. waldaize

waldaize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent. This has happened to me although i am yet to recieve the 32" due to more royal muck ups by DELL. Good to hear it's better than the W2600. In fact i think DELL are due a call right now :devil:

6. beerman

beerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yeah I couldn't believe it when the guy said I could have a 32 inch FOC. I thought he's either fobbing me off or I'll get a cosmeticly damaged recon. They turned up (5 days after they'd promised) with a brand spanking new W3202MC. Still got the old W2600 too, they haven't picked it up or even attempt to contact me about picking it up.

7. waldaize

waldaize

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    on phone. no 32"'s in stock. :rolleyes:

8. beerman

beerman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    maybe you'll get the W3706 lol :)

I'm now hoping they don't come and collect the W2600 and I'd have got both for £363. The hissing sound is bearable for my sons room

9. jordy32

jordy32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I had an email over the account used for the support query, not the same as the original invoice.

I've sorted the w2600 for collection as I can't be done with them chasing it down months from now.