1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new decoder

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by pauld, May 31, 2001.

1. pauld

pauld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to update my old pace Sky Digital decoder, I ideally want a slimline Sony, will I have to pay for one and if so how much? I know they gibe these things out for new subscribers but what about us people that have had theirs for over three years.
    Thanks

2. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    It depends how you go about replacing your Pace. If you have it gamaged then SKY may replace cheaper than getting a new box, especially if you say you want to cancel any subscription you may have. Another way is to buy the sony and get your sky card paired to it. Look at loot etc and see if anyone is selling one on cheap. Look in wotsat mag but you are looking at £399 if you go the dealer route. Why not a panasonic, cheaper and just as good.
    Let me know if you want more info.

SANAP

3. StephenR

StephenR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You could also try eBay. I have just obtained a nice new sliver Panasonic box for £150 to replace my old Pace (1998 model).

I believe the silver Panasonics (DSB30 and DSB31) are faster than the Sony box at accessing the EPG, digital text, Open etc. but of course don't have an optical out like the Sony.

4. Timh

Timh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
  5. pauld

pauld

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help and will probably get the Sony from A-V.co.uk . Appreciate the pointer!!