New decent 5.1 speakers Advice needed...

stevogums

Ok basically im downscaling from Aegis Evo 3 package ...
Havnt got the room and they would look silly in new house ive moved to...
Im after a decent speaker package ..now im netless untill late jan so not much time to trawl the net..
Have read the odd article in various mags and thye are all pretty similar on what they champion..
Kef
AE
B&W
Am really clueless on what to go for..
Ive got up to £1000 to spend if i have to...
Advice please....:lease:

Bee-Man

Novice Member
Yeah the SVS - and go the extra mile and upgrade the sub......

End of story....cant buy better at that price range.

Hamslay

Novice Member
I read in a different thread recently that the SVS speakers, whilst great for movies, are not that hot for music. I think one poster mentioned that the Monitor Audio Radius R90's are smaller but much better for music (but much more expensive). Do any SVS owners agree that they're not great for music. If they did music and movies equally I'd be VERY keen.

kick ass sub

Standard Member
I must say they do the job for me with music. It's tight and detailed. For movie of vourse, they are fantastic. Can't wait how they'll sound with TrueHD material.
I have a pretty bright amp that is not so good for music as for movies. So on a more musical amp, like the denons, they'll probebly perform even better with music. I think you can't go wrong with them, for what ever reason you will use them. Depends mostly on your preference of course. I use them fabout 80% for movies and 20% for music.

Pebb

Distinguished Member
I am also looking for a good 5.1 surround system, but I am only going to spend up to £300 max, also I need to be able to place the control unit on the wall.

stevogums

Thanks for info all..
Like the look of these Audica CS-Series System 3..
Also like the look of the SBS-01 Speakers...Both comin in at £1000 ish...
Gonna do a bit of review hunting,,
Once again thanks for help...

Badger0-0

Thanks for info all..
Like the look of these Audica CS-Series System 3..
Also like the look of the SBS-01 Speakers...Both comin in at £1000 ish...
Gonna do a bit of review hunting,,
Once again thanks for help...
Yes I looked at that audica set.
I found the site hard work.
But from what I did manage to find, I don't see them being in the same league, especially the sub.
Of course I'm biased and happily admit it :smashin:
But I bet I'm not wrong.

Research away mate, that's what it's all about :smashin:
Although there is no substitute for listening ;)
Good luck, whichever way you go :thumbsup:

Badger0-0

I am also looking for a good 5.1 surround system, but I am only going to spend up to £300 max, also I need to be able to place the control unit on the wall.
The SVS SBS 5.0 can be had for £300 on Ebay sometimes, brand new from the only UK distributor.
Unfortunately, the sub comes extra.
You could buy a smaller sub to keep you going, but you'd be doing your system a dis-service. You really need a PB10 as a minimum, IMO.
No offence, but £300 doesn't buy good, unless you go second hand.

jaks2006

Banned
Badger, you are baised and admit it... no problem.

I have the Audica System 3 with the new Audica AVR-1 DVD player. The System 3 is excellent and well worth the good reviews.

Don't let the lifestyle pencil-speaker look put you off. They're well built aluminium enclosures and sonically very refined but powerful. :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom