New DAV systems? Please give me some info...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Marko_J, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Marko_J

Marko_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    I'm rather new on this forum. I've been lurking for few months but now I need help
    I'm moving in my new flat in couple of months so I can build my HT from scratch. Offcourse there is downside to this - I'm on budget 'couse I spent a lot of mony on flat. A kind of catch 22 :rolleyes:

I would like to buy a DAV system for the start (please don't flame me for not buying seperates :) ). Right now it seems that i'll go with s-550, but what I would like to know is if there are going to be other new dav systems with prog-scan etc.
    Does anybody know if new version of dav-800 is coming out so I could buy prog-scan player with those speakers that come with s-800?
    Also is there any plan from Sony to release models in Europe which are avaliable in the US - DAV - c770, c900. These models look similar to s-550 but they have 5-disc changer etc...

Please anyone who has some info responod

thanx in advance, and sorry for my dodgy english and spelling

bye
    Marko

2. Marko_J

Marko_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    c'mon....

I saw a lot of threads where you help newbees... did I do something wrong?

help, help...

3. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    Some people are at work and busy give it 24 hours!

4. Marko_J

Marko_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my bad:clown:

I completly forgot... today it's a holiday in my country so I'm totaly in that frame of mind....

5. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Morko

I have had the DAV S550 and it has component outs on it. If your room is going to be small medium size you should be happy with the sound. I was impressed by sound and video (through S-Video), but had a problem with subtitles coming on all the time (see previous post). The unit has been returned and is being replaced shortly.

Providing this was a faulty DAV and I do not have this problem with the replacement system I can recommend it highly.

There is also going to be a replacement for the 800 model, I think it is due out sometime in September.

6. Marko_J

Marko_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    babble :clown:

thank you very much, that's just what I needed...
    I'll probably wait for the new 800 so I can have flor-standing speakers. I don't like monting them on the wall, I'm too lazy...

yes my living-room will be medium sized... at last my own flat and beautifull sigle life. Still no wife to complain about all the wires :)

thanx

Marko

7. Gordon A

Gordon A

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
  8. Marko_J

Marko_J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wow, it looks great
    I hope it sound great too... supose that the picture will be at least as good as on dav-s550 (what hi-fi says it's very good)...

thanx gordon, now I just have to wait for it to come to croatian stores...