New Dali build

Love1542

Just starting the build today after a lot of prep
I have given my self 9 weeks. Sound proofing the ceiling as direct about my little girls room.
would also like to give a shout out to Allan at ideal Av for helping me through the process

Spec as follows
Dali phantom s280 LRC
Dali phantom s180 surrounds
Dali phantom h80s atmos x 4
Rears not yet purchased be Dali something

epson tw9400 projector
Seymour At screen 110in
Marantz 8802 processor
Marantz mm8077 amp
Marantz mm7055 amp

Will be updating through the Process also any tips I would be grateful

Attachments

NASAKillbill

🤩. Looking forward to this build. Absolutely love the look of the Dali speakers.
what’s size is your room, and the wall for the 280s?
I don’t see a sub listed, are you planning on getting one?
im guessing the biggest thing a lot of people overlook is trunking or having some ability to upgrade cables/hdmi cables down the line or for replacement.

Baggy

Nice, what are the room dimensions?

Mears1986

This should be great to see and LCR s-280's I'm jealous!!
I do have a little bit of advice is as you know I have been doing some work with mine and if I'm being completely honest acoustic boards help alittle but they're not going to keep all the noise out unless you go all the way with the box in a box method?? Which would be rather pricey and room size damaging but go with what you got mate.
I look forward to watching this as Im just about to be able to settle down in mine and watch a movie with a beer (minus a proper sofa)😂 it will be well worth it when you're done 👍

Love1542

This should be great to see and LCR s-280's I'm jealous!!
I do have a little bit of advice is as you know I have been doing some work with mine and if I'm being completely honest acoustic boards help alittle but they're not going to keep all the noise out unless you go all the way with the box in a box method?? Which would be rather pricey and room size damaging but go with what you got mate.
I look forward to watching this as Im just about to be able to settle down in mine and watch a movie with a beer (minus a proper sofa)😂 it will be well worth it when you're done 👍
Thanks will try and keep this post up to date. Enjoy your new cinema

Love1542

Update with pics. Got most of the cables in and also the hue strip lights and spot light cables are in. Also had the first sound check for the front 3.

Attachments

Luminated67

That is some serious bit of equipment right there, those Dalis are incredible. Are you intending to treat your walls and ceiling for light reflection?

Jay130984

You are doing a cracking job, you will be well pleased when completed
Looking what you have done up to press got me to take a relook at our install
Memory lane, hope you are enjoying doing the install as we did
No tips to give here, you are well on with it.

Paul

Love1542

You are doing a cracking job, you will be well pleased when completed
Looking what you have done up to press got me to take a relook at our install
Memory lane, hope you are enjoying doing the install as we did
No tips to give here, you are well on with it.

Paul
Thanks Paul im enjoying the build but its a lot of work as doing all on my own but will be happy with my self when done

Luminated67

Thanks Paul im enjoying the build but its a lot of work as doing all on my own but will be happy with my self when done
I know how you feel because I felt the same way once I built my speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

The Best Movies and TV Shows Coming To Amazon Prime Video in August 2020. Tom's Thumbs.

Trending threads

Top Bottom