1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEW CRT TV's

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by PRH, Jan 18, 2005.

1. PRH

PRH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got any further information on the new generation of flat screen TV's which on a screen size for screen size are 1/3rd the depth of existing ones?

I have seen a recent report that LG have launched a 32" CRT TV that is only 14 inches deep and is likely to be around £700.

No need to worry about plasma "burn in" or LCD slow response times.

Thanks

PRH

2. GreenBars

GreenBars

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    When I had an engineer round last month to look at a problem with my Sony KD28DX50U, I took a look at the TV with the back cover off and was suprised to see that the tube was only about a third of the depth of the box. The rest being taken up with (badly) positioned circuit boards and lots of empty space. I would guess that all CRTs could be made such that they were a fraction of the depth they currently are, but that would take away some of the benefits of plasma and LCD screens, which Sony, Toshiba, Panasonic, etc. would love us to buy. I lived in Japan in the early '90s and in '93 bought a 28" Sharp widescreen TV, which was smaller than the 28" Sony widescreen I have now!