1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Creative Sound Card

Discussion in 'Computer Components' started by HMHB, Sep 24, 2002.

1. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,886
    According to avault.com creative have announced audigy 2 and very interesting it sounds too. Here is the story:-

Creative Technology on Monday announced that several new PC audio technologies come with their new Sound Blaster Audigy 2 sound cards. PC users who have a DVD-ROM drive on their PC can use the Sound Blaster Audigy 2 to hear Advanced Resolution DVD-Audio with 24-bit, 192kHz sound. The Sound Blaster Audigy 2 delivers 106dB SNR and is the only stand-alone sound card with THX certification, which provides 6.1 surround sound from Dolby Digital EX movies and existing DirectSound 3D games.

The Sound Blaster Audigy 2 enables 24-bit, 96kHz recording, and also provides digital music enthusiasts with the Creative MediaSource player for a variety of digital music enhancements, including up-mix of stereo MP3 music into full 6.1 surround sound. The Sound Blaster Audigy 2 and Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Platinum are both slated for worldwide shipment in October. The Sound Blaster Audigy 2 has an estimated street price of $129.99; the Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum 2 has an estimated street price of $199.99.

2. nutcase_1uk

nutcase_1uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Seen this mentioned on some other forums. I'll believe teh DVD-A playback when I see (hear...) it. Apparently the card is THX certified too. Funny that Creative's first card released after investing in THX is certified by them. Not that I'm implying anything of course :) I'll be happy to eat my words if what they imply the card can do is correct, but I'm confident I won't have to...

Anyone still think the Audigy 1 can do 24/96 properly? :)

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,886
    I've never liked any creative products. I was just hoping that they may be about to change the habit of a lifetime and produce a top class product with good drivers ! As you say - everything seems to look good on paper but never quite delivers.
    Maybe they can also have a tech support department that will answer some emails that thousands of people have sent without ever receiving a single reply
    You may have guessed I'm not a big fan of creative !