New Crayston HTPC good value??

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by salty5000, Aug 12, 2002.

1. salty5000

salty5000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I didnt get much of a response at the end of the old thread so I thought id ask the same question again.......
    Does anyone have anything to say about the new version of this HTPC??? Its cheaper at £649 which seems like better value if it will save me making my own machine .....

2. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The reason why its cheaper is because its using some custom chip which probably has the performance of a celeron 500mhz ...

If your not comfortable making your own PC for next to nothing then maybe a friend could build it for you?. I know some PC shops also build computers from PC parts.

3. RichardH

RichardH
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    ....if you've never built a machine before, and need help, I took a load of pics as I was building my HCPC, which I'll try and get on line soon with comments - it won't be an exhaustive guide, but it might give you a bit of confidence....