New Computer With Vista

suzilamb

Standard Member
Reaction score
My XP computer is on it's last legs and i need a new one. My question is should i buy an Vista or XP on my new machine? I've heard a lot of bad news about Vista. Is it just lies?

In the beginning Vista was poor, lots of incompatible problems with anti-virus and graphic card drivers.

This is now history. If you do a search for Vista, you will find a thread with people talking about if they would go back to XP from Vista. From what I've read +85% of people would never ever go to XP.

Make of that what you will.

The only time you may get a problem is if you build your own PC and use any old hardware like a sound card or Network Adapter

There may not be specific Vista drivers for these devices

If you buy a brand new PC with Vista already installed, or build a PC with current up to date hardware, Vista will work OK

I've heard it can be very RAM hungry, is this true?
Cheers:smashin:

My XP computer is on it's last legs and i need a new one. My question is should i buy an Vista or XP on my new machine? I've heard a lot of bad news about Vista. Is it just lies?

do not worry sp1 fixed massive problems (well most 64bit) i have just gone 64 bit i was 32bit for months and i got a epson 1200 scaner working under 32bit vista (with xp driver forced) and that scanner was 10 years old:smashin:

I've heard it can be very RAM hungry, is this true?
Cheers:smashin:

i would recommend 2 gb min (ideal 4gb). it is because it is a newer operating system + there is more running in background

matched 4gb mem not that dear now

off topic mate i sorted ariel :thumbsup: got a B+Q one they messed price it should of been £70 got it for £16 with kit and leads :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom