• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Computer - how do I transfer files

Iancity

Hi guys, pls help.....
I am getting a new computer in a couple of weeks and am stuck on how to transfer the data I need over to the new computer.
I-tunes, no probs I think, their website explains it quite well
Steam (for football manager) - how does this work then, I reg'd the 'key' for the game and have no problems playing it but what happens when I have a new computer and try to reload the game?
My internet connection - I'm with tiscali at the minute, do I need a new cd off them to load onto the new computer?
Photos etc am just gonna burn on to a cd
All my internet favourites/bookmarks - how do I keep them?
Have a laptop at the moment in the house as well, which is connected wirelessly to the Siemans router I have which came with tiscali tv - I'm not changing the router so will I have to reset the laptop - not sure if it connects to the computer or the router !
If I have the cd off tiscali is it just a case of plugging the router in and everything is up and running?

Any other pitfalls I should know about/be wary of - you can tell I have a limited computer background :)

Cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom