1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New compact sub project

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by ReTrO, Jul 21, 2002.

1. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I am in the process of building a new subwoofer for my stereo/cineam system.

It iwll be using a JL 10W3 D4 driver, in a 18mm MDF enclosure of approx 300x300x490mm.

It will be driven using an Arcam P75 power amp from the sub pre-out on my Denon AVR2800 receiver.

I have already built a subwoofer based on the Adire Audio Tempest in a 500x500x900mm enclosure, but this is way too big to even consider taking to uni in October.

The W3 will be in the 300x300 end of the enclosure, with a flush mahcined 30mm MDF baffle, facing upwards, with the opposing end having 2 layers of 18mm MDF to give strength. The base will also be bolted to a Linn Kelitk base, that weighs around 10-12kg, it's made of a granite composite, and comes with spikes that should ground it well.

I will try and get some pics of it when I can. My scanner won't work with WinXP that I've got on now.

2. micb3rd

micb3rd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I modeled a JL 10 before and it look like it would come out surprisingly good.

Retro, I have a Infinity Perfect 10 do you think this could make a decent home subwoofer.

BTW what university are you going to and what you studying?

I myself am finishing a BSc (Hons) in computer science.

3. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I was recommended the sub by the guys in our in-car department. Works well in anything down to 3/4 cubic foot.

I am off to Brighton Uni, to study Electronic and Electrical Engineering for 4 years.

4. micb3rd

micb3rd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    I'm interested in any pictures you have of your sub projects.

Good luck with your course.