New Collector

I wouldn't worry your pics came out great.
Definitely looks like you got a good one there, everything looks really good.

The eye is off a little but not enough that it will require a replacement.

I'm still not sure what to do with mine.
I didn't order direct from SS & I'm worrying that with all the current variables what sort of issues I'll have if I get a dodgy one.

Oh & tell the better half the shipper adds value to the statue when you come to resell so you do need it & the cat will have to find a new toy to play with ;) lol

Congrats again & getting the green light for Siren :)

Neil

Thanks, I had already told my wife about the shipper adding value, thats when she told me it was just a fudgeing cardboard box :p anyway the cat has been bribed with treats and the shipper has been reclaimed with Andrea muttering under her breath how she can't believe a cardbox box is being saved and apologising to the cat, my statue is number 348.

I was unsure on the eye, from some angles it looks perfect and others it looks off very slightly, but from any sort of normal distance and without studying them they look perfect and thats all that matters to me really.

It's quite a large edition size so hopefully that would help getting a replacement if buying from England, I think the Siren with only a little over half the amount is much more likely to sell out quickly especially as it's probably a cooler statue.

Thanks again, time for some sleep.

I was unsure on the eye, from some angles it looks perfect and others it looks off very slightly
I wouldn't give it a second thought, it looks amazing. Eyes are a funny old game in terms of artwork - over scrutinising them can often make you think there's something off even if there's not. :)

I'm hopeful Andrea will change her mind about the 2 statues in the lounge once she sees them in the flesh, sure they are quite revealing but I think they would look awesome one on each speaker and are actually a more classy thing to have in the lounge than ironman and groot. No matter either way though I have a couple of places on my desk that I would love to have a statue. I think it's more the Queens Ass that makes her think it's not lounge suitable rather than the minions but we'll see what she thinks once they arrive. She isn't very good at saying no to me *grin*

Pleased to say Andrea has changed her mind about the Queen living in the lounge and she has pride of place on the front floor standing speaker.:)

I've been amazed at the positive comments she's had today, I have carers who help me go to the toilet 3 times a day and all 3 of the carers I had today, all female thought she was stunning.

Even my mum thought she was beautiful. It's a great line and I'm excited for Kier already.

I'm excited too! Is Noggin the only member collecting the CotD line?

I'm excited too! Is Noggin the only member collecting the CotD line?

I've got Queen pre-ordered at Collectibles Direct but I'm going to cancel her.

Too many variables with this one...the misaligned tattoo, the google eyes & breakage of the crown not too mention the possibility that she won't line up on the base as I've seen for a few pieces means she's too much of a worry.

I have no idea what I would do if mine turned up & needed a replacement fro CD so think I'm better to skip her.

Also even those that have ordered direct from SS have been encountering issues with returns...especially on the Tattoo issue.

One member on Sideshow Freaks got the response that they were not willing to offer a replacement of the body in case & his words "You get one that is worse than the one you already have" so offered a discount instead.

It certainly says something when Sideshow themselves are unsure of the final quality of the products & concerned that there are worse waiting to be opened.

Shame to skip her because she's a beauty but better to not get a bad piece.
I'll keep my eye on the secondary market & maybe get an opened one later down the line that I know is good.

Still hoping to get Kier though...she should have far less problems than Queen

Neil

Wow. It's totally unacceptable to have that many QC issues on something that costs so much. Sideshow lead the market in this stuff and charge Rolls Royce prices, imagine if RR said "yeah, shit loads of issues with the latest model, I realise you paid through the nose for it and the engine's fallen out but we don't wanna replace it in case the wheels fall off the new one" - they wouldn't sell another car. SS have a bit too much market power methinks.

Wow. It's totally unacceptable to have that many QC issues on something that costs so much. Sideshow lead the market in this stuff and charge Rolls Royce prices, imagine if RR said "yeah, poop loads of issues with the latest model, I realise you paid through the nose for it and the engine's fallen out but we don't wanna replace it in case the wheels fall off the new one" - they wouldn't sell another car. SS have a bit too much market power methinks.
Only people that give them power is us. Look at all the crap Hottoys/sideshow/enterbay have pulled and we keep throwing our money at them!!

Last edited:
You are right but imagine this hobby if you decided to take a stand and to not but anything from any of the 3 brands you mentioned? It'd be almost pointless and a significant % of collectors would need to follow suit to make a difference so I can't see anything changing. Same with the price thing, HT keep jacking prices, we all say things like "it's outrageous", "they are robbing us" and "the figures aren't worth the money" all whilst clicking "add to cart".

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom