New COD 4 Map Pack instead of COD 5 WAW

Stubbsy05

Standard Member
Reaction score
I've had the COD 5 Beta for a couple of days now and understand its hard to judge the game from the Beta. I have been playing COD 4 since last Xmas and am still not bored of it (mainly search and destroy).

I don't know about you, but for me I'd rather have paid £30-£40 for a whole load of new maps/game objectives for COD 4 than COD 5 itself.

For me I've never got bored of Search and Destroy on COD 4 and the weapons are great. A load more maps would see me playing it for another year easily!

Not trying to be flippant, but perhaps you will enjoy WAW when S&D is an option?

Personally I'm looking forward to head quarters on WAW...can't adbide team death match and War really isn't my bad either.

I've had the COD 5 Beta for a couple of days now and understand its hard to judge the game from the Beta. I have been playing COD 4 since last Xmas and am still not bored of it (mainly search and destroy).

I don't know about you, but for me I'd rather have paid £30-£40 for a whole load of new maps/game objectives for COD 4 than COD 5 itself.

For me I've never got bored of Search and Destroy on COD 4 and the weapons are great. A load more maps would see me playing it for another year easily!

IW has not made cod WOW there making cod5 so it wont happen.

To re-itterate what I posted in the AVF WaW group discussion...

First impressions in slices.

• Very easy to get used to, controls exactly the same.
  • Spawn points are aweful. I hope they fix this for the release version because it's ridiculous, for a test I was playing CTF and had to wait 10 seconds between respawns. I put my controller down and watched how I respawned in the same spot 8 times running and got shot within 1 second each time by someone spawn camping. Infact i'd go as far as to say this has completely wrecked my first impressions of this game, it's such a huge flaw.
  • Graphics seem worse on my CRT display. Notably worse than COD4, not sure if it's the images used that are a lower quality or what but it definately doesn't look as refined as COD4 in this department
  • Guns seem very easy to use. With nearly every gun I could take someone down very easy, seems remarkably like COD4 in this respect, Snipers seem easier.
  • Maps aren't to my liking (yet), seems like there is too much going on in a lot of them

All in all it seems to me like this is just COD4 with a Mod on it to make it WWII, in other words COD4.5 (as others have said).

Other than the upgraded stats page I see no reason to quit COD4 in favour of this game, especially if new game modes/maps come out for COD4.

My 2p worth.

Dont you guys think its pretty cool to have two awesome games to choose from tho? i do:smashin:

I agree the thread starter though after playing nearly a day of the BETA :rolleyes: i would rather just have a load of new maps for cod4 or new weapons.

Cant agree more with Chrisoldinho about the spawning on this game it is the worst ive ever seen, i got spawned into an RPG yesterday and died instantly, also ive spawned right next to an enemy/ the whole team.

• Spawn points are aweful. I hope they fix this for the release version because it's ridiculous, for a test I was playing CTF and had to wait 10 seconds between respawns. I put my controller down and watched how I respawned in the same spot 8 times running and got shot within 1 second each time by someone spawn camping. Infact i'd go as far as to say this has completely wrecked my first impressions of this game, it's such a huge flaw.
  • Graphics seem worse on my CRT display. Notably worse than COD4, not sure if it's the images used that are a lower quality or what but it definately doesn't look as refined as COD4 in this department
  • Guns seem very easy to use. With nearly every gun I could take someone down very easy, seems remarkably like COD4 in this respect, Snipers seem easier.
  • Maps aren't to my liking (yet), seems like there is too much going on in a lot of them

All in all it seems to me like this is just COD4 with a Mod on it to make it WWII, in other words COD4.5 (as others have said).

Other than the upgraded stats page I see no reason to quit COD4 in favour of this game, especially if new game modes/maps come out for COD4.

My 2p worth.

To be honest I agree 100% with your comments, the magnet for me is the fact it's WW2 as I simply love this era for 1st person shooters.

is there anything further planned for Cod4?

it annoys me how much extra Halo gets, and other than the map pack - Cod 4 has been left to go stale (not that it has for me or many others) I just wish that with the amount of people playing it still, they gave it some more support and fresh updates.

Well, being as everyone else has had a say...

I've got to agree with this being cod 4.5.

For me, COD 4 has become a bore - the only reason i'm still playing is because there isn't another decent multiplayer around at the moment. Roll on gears 2.

And that's where WAW's problem will lay, it would appear that treyarch have "borrowed" most of the features and layout of COD 4. So basically we get a revamp and new weapon set and map pack and a couple of extra game modes...

Now, ask yourself this.. You will still be playing cod 4 come 7th of november, then gears 2 will hit the shelves.. will you be picking up WAW for the new and inventive multiplayer? Or will you hammer through the co op campaign and then slam gears 2 back in for some more chainsawing fun? Point made.

I'll still be getting it, as the co op campaign will be worth the run through. But as far as the multiplayer matches go, I think IW has let COD 4 go too long without fresh meat, and WAW is just too similar. Buy it, hammer it, sell it.

tuppance spent.

Last edited:
Personally I didn't mind it. The severe lag in MP games let it down big time though...

Just as a group (the regulars I play with) we never got into it...

Yea the lag can be a real pain. But for me its a joy to play but last night on beta was exciting so can wait for WaW :)

yeah I had a game with a mate last night. Like I said in my post above, it's not as special as it could have been....

like ive said in another thread, treyarch should just stop making these games and leave it to the pros.

COD2 is still for me the best online/offline world war 2 game.

My 2p worth.

Those issues you have mentioned I would agree with in regard to spawn points lets hope everybody responds to the programmers and they will then will be sorted in the full game hence the reason for a beta.

Love the maps they have put up though as they are a snipers heaven :devil:

Yes they are! But they have also been well thought about.. each decent high sided sniper point has atlease 3 angles you need to watch.. which limits camping..:smashin:

Yes they are! But they have also been well thought about.. each decent high sided sniper point has atlease 3 angles you need to watch.. which limits camping..:smashin:

Would agree with that meaning I need to find 2 or 3 little spots on each map to alternate to when killed or spotted.

Those issues you have mentioned I would agree with in regard to spawn points lets hope everybody responds to the programmers and they will then will be sorted in the full game hence the reason for a beta.

This game rolls out World Wide in one month !! Not to mention there has been no established outlet for feedback. IMHO I can see no way they will tweak anything about this game. This is as the final release for sure.

a weapon pack would be enough!

I'm tired of killing with the m40a3

I really like it, then again I really like cod4, its more of the same with a few tweeks (good and bad).

the thing that will get me will be the hook, how many of your have (or are still trying) to get that gold cross. Me for one have played cod4 to death but still keep coming back every night to get that extra 300ish points for the next level. I just got level 10 prest last week and will get to 55 on it soon, so this game will be a continuation, plus it is still a good laugh to play with your mates.

the one thing that bugs me most about cod5 is the artilery strikes (they go on for ages, but don't seem to get many kills) and the GAS. I do not want to use up a perk on every gun just incase some git is throwing smelly green stuff around....

but all in all :smashin:

neil

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom