1 x HDMI output
1 x YUV output
2 x Common Interface slots
2 x card readers installed
Multimedia video / audio streaming over network
S / PDIF Dolby Digital AC3 output
2 Scart (RGB, CVBS or S-Video)
RS232 interface
8MB Separate boat storage (bootloader can not be damaged!)
128MB Flash / 512 MB DDR Memory
DiSEqC 1.0/1.1/1.2/1.3 USALS
Media Player
Direct Download Plugin
PIP (Picture in Picture)

http://www.goldwafers.com/cart/images/D/Clarke-Tech-ET-9000_Big.jpg

This is an extracts and pictures from Friendly-Face review of this new receiver:

"** i must say this box take the roof out of DMM and VU+ in startup time is amazing fast.

I'm now trying to see how the box is with Original software before i patch it with some PLI software.
will test stability and picture quality and how fast the box is what you change channels.

** Add USB 32 GB and use as HDD is piece of cake and works excellent, played some divx from there with no problem.

Added DM 500 HD and VU+ SOLO that i have next to each other and i can firmly say that CT 9000 is way better in my eyes.

I test HD on BBC HD on Thor , and picture on that is not much different from the other boxes, then i go to SD channel Poker Channel and here is the fun game, this channels is much better in picture in CT 9000 then the other 2 boxes. Normally this is the low level picture on this channel but CT managed to upscale perhaps a bit and make it a bit clearer to see it

All test are made on Samsung 32" TV Ready HD

Tomorrow a friend of mine that has Vantage VT-1 and IPbox 9900 is coming to visit me and we made new more test on Picture and stability.

Until now this box is worth the money guys. All we need now is more support from different teams.

** PIP is working only on 1 HD and 1 SD channel , so this is tested.
Radio: This works perfect, tested on Thor and Sirius Radio channel and works as it should

** Q&A

> If you can, test media player?

@ 720 MKV plays well, it has some hick ups but that is my HDD as it is an USB HDD, have test the same HDD inside VT-1 and there is no Problem. Played toy.story.2-720p .

> Test if hdmi turns off after standby

@ Yes it does goes off. also if you mean if there is no Picture, then the answer is Yes it goes OFF

> Does subtitles work on totaltv package on 16e sat ?

@ Do not have Total TV , but tested SUB om Canal Digital Nordic, and Viasat Baltic all works perfect with SUB. Later on i will test UK card to

> Does remote control work fast and without key losses ?

@ Remote work wonderfully, do not have any key loss until now, it respond very fast and the box catches all the commands. Remote is not the best but is usable and well thinked

> Does teletext work fast or is it slow ?

@ Teletext is fast at list on some channels that i tested.
Like C+ Action and BBC or TV 1000 that i tested is fast really fast.

> please test if you can and report back ?

@ Sure , but until now I'm well impressed with the box.
I installed Pli image, installed CCcam 2.2.1 added my 2 cards to test both cards work , scanning the channel was a bit slow but i found even channels that i never know they was there, added an external 2.5 HDD that i use on Spiderbox and this worked out of the box Fat32 , played DIVIX and MP3 no problem , try to play DVD files this did not work.

> If you use both tuners, please tell me if switching from A to B tuner works OK ?

@ I use both tuners , but it is only LOOP THROU because i have motor
The switch between them is smooth and i must say it is the first time i have so Smooth switchover.

-->Is there a black screen when you are switching from program x to program y ?

@ Yes there is black screen, but you can choose to have picture if you like

-->Can you test if recording works on these channels: Viasat Nature East FSS, Viasat History FSS, and Explorer/Spice FSS channels on 4.8E ?

@ I guess you have these channels. Yes i have them i have Baltic Viasat so yes i can test this as soon as the new HDD is added

-->can you make a video with zapping speed?

@ Sure i can, have already made that but i do not use YouTube or any other net video streaming, but believe me it is fast really fast, amazing fast in HD to HD channel, or HD to SD or SD to SD, it is unbelievably fast

> Could you confirm sub-titles, and multiple audio channels ?

@ Yes the Multi audio works perfect so does the Sub on the channels it self, on Recordings i have not tested that as i have NO HDD inside yet or external.

> Check if blindscan works, it looks like the box got Sharp tuners and not Broadcom ?

@ I have not tested Blindscan but as i told before i got channels on both Thor and Sirius or on Eutelsat 16 east that i never got before, so it must be a good tuner

> Also test sensitivity of the tuners compared to Vu+ if you still have it ?

@ Well compare to VU+ SOLO then yes it seems better tuner and more sensitive, but not that much that can be a killer .

> How did you get CCcam 2.2.1 working? I cannot access the local readers?

@ YES I am using CCcam 2.2.1
i use both readers Conax and NDS so they do work.

> Could you also check FTPupload or download speed ?

@ Tested, is very quick as i can see it. 2 GB of MKV film for 6 min in LAN upload , and download is almost the same :)

> Any problems ?

Today i will try to loop through with new cable and got some problems with it, second tuner said to me PAT not in use or some thing like that, it happened once so i do not remember exactly.

Initializing 1TB external HDD was problem free, recording from EPG or directly was problem free.
UK card was problem free as long as the right box id was in config, new viasat card from SWE did not work it the new one with the Green logo.

> HOW TO flash it ?

@ It is very easy mate.
Find the software and download it on you,r computer
Find a USB and format it to fat32.
Unzip the downloaded file to PC then transfer the folder ET9000 into the root of usb.
In the ET9000 folder must be the files.

Turn of the box then add the usb on the box
Turn On the box and follow the display
push the OK button on the front panel then the install start.

**Conclusion**
i LIKE THE BOX, it is the faststes Linux box and Enigma2 box i have tested, and when i mean that i say i have tested all linux boxes, the box is dam fast in my eyes
one thing that i did like very much was the Channel swithc was terribly fast must say way to fast.
me it seesm a beter box all in all, it is stable under TV watching, it does channel change extrimly fast, works with CCcam 2.2.1 , handles Viasat, Canal Nordic, Digitalb cards with no Problems.

To be only 1 day old for me this box can stand on the same heights as the DM and VU for sure.

Impression on the box is totally positive and i will advise it to any one."

** Many thanks to Friendly-Face for the review and to the other forum members **
=======================================================

Here you have it folks, it seems like a good receiver, but we need more reviews and support.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 2,789
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 2,460
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 6,303
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 4,950
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice!, pity there was no rear shot of the receiver though.:smashin:

Video

Also a picture of the remote control

Attachments

• Clarke-Tech-ET-9000-remote.jpg
    Clarke-Tech-ET-9000-remote.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 2,483
The remote is rotten!!:eek: Cheapo DVD combi remote anyone?

Remote looks like a drawing to me.

Interesting to see how this is adopted... am I right in thinking that to all intents and purposes, this is a nicer looking VU with PIP, for 60 quid extra?

If so, a viable alternative, for anyone who values PIP, IF it gets the support !

I hope my husband isn’t going to be disappointed, when he opens present on Christmas day and I should have got him this and not the VU+.:)

There is no way at this point in time that this is a better option than the VU. In the future, who knows, but you've made bang on the right choice.

I hope my husband isn’t going to be disappointed, when he opens present on Christmas day and I should have got him this and not the VU+.:)

If he is not happy, i would suggest returning your husband and not the VU+DUO :laugh:
Seriously, the DUO has proved to be reliable. There are plenty of images including the new VIX 1.3 image. This all means he will be up and running in no time.
Extra features are all very nice, but the thing needs to do its job and do that job well. (i myself would like PiP etc)

It may turn out that the ET9000 is brilliant, and super reliable, but that doesn't make the DUO somehow worse.

Just imagine if you bought the ET9000 and it turns out to be a DO-DO?
It is too new to know if any faults/bugs are present.

It might be the top choice in the future, who knows!

I think you made th right choice "right now" :thumbsup:

Your husbands one lucky person i say. Just don't expect to watch must TV chrimbo day as if he's like me he'd be trying all the images out.:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom