New Civic

akane_1984

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone own the new Honda Civic 2012? thoughts and opinions welcome on the car.

Thinking it could be my new upgrade.

Had one for 48hr whilst wifes' civic (2.2d) was having a service and fusebox recall sorted out..

Wasn't a bad car but honestly couldn't see how its better than the old one. The one we had the 1.4 petrol engine which is simply an awful engine. Underpowered, poor mpg (you have to trash the engine just to keep up with traffic so in the real world theres no chance of it achieving the claimed 50+mpg), and at higher revs sounds worse than our current 2.2 diesel.

The interior of the new car is nicer than the old, and I think the back is bigger etc but overall not really a better car. Still has the annoying beam/wing across the rear windscreen, and the addition of the a rear wiper just reduces visibility even more.

If you get one the 2.2 diesel is the engine to get but the RRP of that is £20K!! and specced up comes to over £26K!! From memory our ex-demo fully loaded 2.2 EX model cost £15Kish with under 2000 miles on the clock. Its a nice car at £15K but a rip off at close to £30K.

my wife and I are looking to go on pcp deal for a bigger car so maybe some forum members could recommend some models to me I've wrecked my brain going from Ford Focus to Civic to Seat Leon etc.

We have roughly £4,000 to put towards deposit and would be looking for 3 year deal with monthly repayments hopefully no more than £250 a month! Honda are doing £1,500 customer deposit and 3 years free servicing.

Neighbour has a 2012 Civic in a metallic grey.
Very smart looking motor indeed.
Keep meaning to ask our lease provider for a go of one, just for nosiness.

I think Honda are desperate to shift them, we get a letter ever 3 weeks or so inviting us to upgrade/trade up etc...you should be able to drive a good deal:)

Honda have a sale on at the moment too, so bargains galore to be had.

yes seen that on there website was planning on giving them a ring this afternoon to see what deals they have on Civic ES. Wife has a 2005 Fiesta 3 door with not even 40k miles on clock so going to clean it up and stick it on local Gumtree this weekend.

Just a quick update got appointment to see Honda dealer tonight to speak about the new Civic, looking to see what they have on their sale on top of the current offer for £1,500 deposit and 3 years free servicing.

won't be interested until they put the Mugen version into production :D

well just to update the thread sold my wifes car on Friday past and we're now set to collect our Civic tomorrow from the dealer. Went for 1.8 petrol ES in Crystal Black ;-)

Congratulations to you mate. I've got a 58 slave diesel civic, fully loaded with all the gadgets. Absolutely love the car. When the new civic came out I first thought it was a bland, in appearance. I've not driven one yet. But I've had a good look around a couple at the main dealers and now they are growing on me.

I was the same shodan didn't think much of them at first until I was able to drive my bosses EX on a test drive after which it was only car I wanted. Just had to convince the other half lol

Didn't opt for leather interior or the navigation system that sets the ES apart from the EX but otherwise the two models are identical. Can't wait to pick up the keys tomorrow!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom