New Cinema Room - Plan Attached

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by gpt, Jul 16, 2015.

1. gpt

gpt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    Hi All,

I am finally moving into a detached house and am determined to finally get the most out of my speakers!. Hopefully from the attached image you can see the layout of my new property.

The bottom rooms which i have focused on actually form part of an extension. I am set on the kitchen size which has dictated the 2nd lounge/sitting room (aka cinema room when the wife isnt listening) size of approx 4.2m x 3m.

Current kit

Kef Q900 Floor standers
    Kef Q600c Centre
    Kef Q300 Rears
    Denon 4308
    Dali Ikon Sub

Obviously some big boys!

I am literally just starting out and have quickly read a few threads but would just like a couple of opinions thrown in about the potential setup of this room. Even to the degree of which wall to position the screen, screen size etc. I will be purchasing a projector and screen to go in this room. The doorway into the room (ie middle left) isnt fixed, but planning rear speaker position as well as sofa position is going to dictate this. The outer doors to the garden do not necessarily need to be there either.

Any thoughts or links to threads of similarly sized rooms or projects you have been impressed by to get me going would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Pete

upload_2015-7-16_19-11-51.png