New Channel Search Problem

MovieFan60

Nearly every time I switch on my Foxsat HDR box the message 'new channels added' - I accept the search but no new channels are found - any suggestions?

ricke171

Standard Member
Nearly every time I switch on my Foxsat HDR box the message 'new channels added' - I accept the search but no new channels are found - any suggestions?

Has this issue only been since today as I have only experienced this today.

Rick.

paulburke

I have a Foxsat HDR and HD and both have been getting these messages for a couple of days.

Same as you guys, accept but nothing new found.

Must be something to do with the signal being sent out!

ricke171

Standard Member
I got the following email back from Humax today - reluctant to do as they say for fear that all my reservations will be deleted:

Dear Sir/Madam,

THIS WILL NOT DELETE RECORDED PROGRAMS,

To reset your box please:

1. Press Menu on the remote.

2. Using the directional buttons highlight Setup:

3. Press “OK” on the remote (Located in the middle of the directional buttons)

4. Now in the menu please highlight “Factory Reset” and press “OK”

5. Now given the options “Yes” and “No” please highlight “Yes” with the directional buttons and press “OK” to activate the reset

6. Now you are prompted to enter your password, unless you have set one yourself please enter “0000” using the keypad.

7. The box will now say “Initialising All Setting Values” please wait for the box to reset and display the User Settings Page:

8. Please adjust as appropriate (These should be ok as default) and press “OK” when highlighting “Next” in the bottom right of the screen.

9. Press “OK” on the next screen to begin detection; it will search for connected cables and then a check for new software.

10. Once complete please enter your post code using the keypad; Number 1 is a space. (As if typing a text message on a mobile, if you wish to use an on screen keyboard; press the “Opt+” button on your remote) Note: If your post code has 3 numbers please do not put a space.

11. Once your post code has been entered press “OK” to highlight Next and then “OK” again to continue (Note: If your post code isn't verified Please contact us for further information).

12. The box will now search for all available channels; the progress will appear at the bottom of the screen, once finished please press “OK” to save the results.

13. Once the results are saved you will be offered a chance to turn on the Guidance protection (Which can be changed later on) please press “OK” to continue.

14. Now you will see a brief description of settings, please press “OK” to finish.

15. Your box is now ready to function.

scottie50

Novice Member
Blimey, what a rigramole, so we've got to do a factory reset for a signal error from Humax:thumbsdow Last time this happened I thought they fixed it with a software update. Think I'll just keep pressing the "later" option.

Last edited by a moderator:

MovieFan60

if anybody from humax reads this your customer service is crap-i got the same e-mail from humax made no difference- tried switching the box off and on (on the back) and hasn't done it all weekend, but humax really are pathetic

ricke171

Standard Member
if anybody from humax reads this your customer service is crap-i got the same e-mail from humax made no difference- tried switching the box off and on (on the back) and hasn't done it all weekend, but humax really are pathetic

I emailed them back asking if it will delete my reservations - and no response yet.

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
Just power off the hdr with the rear power switch, leave it off until the red led at the front goes out. Switch on the power, press the front power button to restart the clock. When it goes back into sby press the boot button again.

A factory reset, deletes all your recording schedules, deletes any non-freesat channels you may have added and resets preferences.

These include

The epg genre screen is displayed first so if you don't want it you have to disable genre display.

Display of crid codes is disabled if you had them set to display

Customised channel settings are lost

Volume output is reset to 50%

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips TV Launch Event, Soundbar vs AVR, Samsung EzCAL and more...
Top Bottom