New Channel Listing for BBC 2 HD

Faust

Prominent Member
Reaction score
What is the logic behind switching BBC 2 to 109 and BBC 2 HD to 102?

Because the plan is if you have a HD box then if a SD channel had a HD variant then the HD version will be place above (or instead of) the SD version in the EPG.
BBC1 HD is only at 101 in Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
England won't see BBC1 HD on 101 until there are regional HD variants.
If you look you'll see that BBC3 HD and BBC4 HD have swapped with their SD versions too.

Last edited:
Because the plan is if you have a HD box then if a SD channel had a HD variant then the HD version will be place above (or instead of) the SD version in the EPG.
BBC1 HD is only at 101 in Scotland, Ireland and Wales.
England won't see BBC1 HD on 101 until there are regional HD variants.
If you look you'll see that BBC3 HD and BBC4 HD have swapped with their SD versions too.

Bit of a dogs breakfast if you ask me. We now have BBC 2 at 109 breaking up the HD grouping with BBC 2 HD out on its own at 102. It's bad enough having to keep switching from BBC 1 HD every time it comes regional magazine progs. Given the state of BBC finances I can't see regional HD variants any time soon.

I wish they would do this with ALL the hd channels at the same time, common sense move if you ask me. Now my parents will at least watch a little bit of HD instead of sitting there watching in standard def because they can't understand changing channels with anything but the channel up and down keys.

I wish they would do this with ALL the hd channels at the same time, common sense move if you ask me. Now my parents will at least watch a little bit of HD instead of sitting there watching in standard def because they can't understand changing channels with anything but the channel up and down keys.
My thoughts are they should all be together wherever that may be, or perhaps a HD tab again where you could access them in one place.

Do you have a Foxsat? You can press one of the coloured buttons to display just the HD channels for selection, but there is no EPG.

Do you have a Foxsat? You can press one of the coloured buttons to display just the HD channels for selection, but there is no EPG.

No the HDR 1000s - the thing is it's only the BBC channels that have moved, we still have C4 and ITV in the back of beyond. I could put them in favourites but then with the amount of button presses to get to favourites with the 1000s I need to go on a work out first. Is it beyond the wit of man to get together with everyone concerned and work out an EPG that has a modicum of common sense to it?

No the HDR 1000s - the thing is it's only the BBC channels that have moved, we still have C4 and ITV in the back of beyond. I could put them in favourites but then with the amount of button presses to get to favourites with the 1000s I need to go on a work out first. Is it beyond the wit of man to get together with everyone concerned and work out an EPG that has a modicum of common sense to it?

Not sure what you class as a workout but 3 buttons certainly wouldn't qualify as one for most.

Not sure what you class as a workout but 3 buttons certainly wouldn't qualify as one for most.

The most logical approach would be like Sky - favourites - press the blue button or something similar. Less is more is an apt mantra.

Guys where is BBC 2 HD? My Humax lists 102 as BBC 2 but not HD (576i) It now lists 109 as BBC 2 ENG. Bit of a PITA TBH as Jools is starting this week and I love watching/listening back to recordings at 1080i. I can do that on my Humax Youview for 102 BBC HD on Freeview HD! But where is it on Freesat?

My thoughts are they should all be together wherever that may be, or perhaps a HD tab again where you could access them in one place.

Yes that would be great but has never been possible with the HDR-1000! Grrrrrr.

Yes that would be great but has never been possible with the HDR-1000! Grrrrrr.

Freesat have already said a HD genre option will be available. You can of course create a HD only favourites if you wish.

Graham your a man of fine information any idea where BBC 2 HD on Freesat is if it is not on 102?

FYI Gents ….. BBC 2 HD on 102 is only England for us Scots ….. it has disappeared ….. superb work BBC!
http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/bbc-hd-channels-move-positions-freesat/
BBC One HD will be on channel 101 for viewers in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, with standard definition BBC One moving to channel 108.
BBC Two HD will be on channel 102 for viewers in England, with standard definition BBC Two moving to channel 109.
BBC Three HD will be on channel 106 throughout the UK, with standard definition BBC Three moving to channel 147.
BBC Four HD will be on channel 107 throughout the UK, with standard definition BBC Four moving to channel 148.
BBC News HD will be on channel 200 throughout the UK, with standard definition BBC News moving to channel 212.
CBBC HD will be on channel 600 throughout the UK, with standard definition CBBC moving to channel 607.
CBeebies HD will be on channel 601 throughout the UK, with standard definition on CBeebies moving to channel 608.

So realised that many many yonks ago I installed with a London postcode to get ITV HD, this is why I am not getting BB2 HD. Have to install with my Scottish postcode to get BBC 2 HD on 109. Bye bye ITV HD! Will use that from Freeview HD on Youview.

So realised that many many yonks ago I installed with a London postcode to get ITV HD, this is why I am not getting BB2 HD. Have to install with my Scottish postcode to get BBC 2 HD on 109. Bye bye ITV HD! Will use that from Freeview HD on Youview.

You should get ITV HD London on 119 and BBC2 HD on 102 using a London postcode.

Have you tried pressing the red button while viewing 977 ?

You should get ITV HD London on 119 and BBC2 HD on 102 using a London postcode.

Have you tried pressing the red button while viewing 977 ?

Nope I had Wimbledon post code in SW18 and I got plain BBC 2 on 102. Will flip between both post codes and try 977 RB Graham thanks. All a bit of PITA as I like to series record on HD channels!

Nope I had Wimbledon post code in SW18 and I got plain BBC 2 on 102. Will flip between both post codes and try 977 RB Graham thanks. All a bit of PITA as I like to series record on HD channels!

When did you last run a freesat re-tune ? The BBC channel changes are quite recent ?

@CJROSS I'm confused as to your issue... In Scotland as I understand it it should be, for freesat,

BBC ONE HD Scotland schedule 101
BBC TWO SD Scotland schedule 102
BBC ONE SD Scotland schedule 108
BBC TWO HD (UK wide = England schedule) 109

In England it is
BBC ONE SD (local news opt region set by postcode) 101
BBC TWO HD (England) 102
BBC ONE HD (England-wide) 108
BBC TWO SD (England) 109

Delete Scotland and insert Wales or Northern Ireland to get the appropriate numbers for those Nations.
All the BBC ONE Nation HD variants have also become available in the epg on 972, 973, 976 and 978.
Thus you can (or should be able to) record all available BBC programmes in HD on freesat.

The Nations have, to date, never been able to have their own schedules on BBC TWO in HD.

Now if you don't have all those channels available / tuned in I suspect that, most likely, something is amiss with dish pointing and or lnb / connections. Assuming you haven't stopped the automatic updating that happens at 03:00 every day in which case a manual freesat tune, already suggested by graham, should fix it (if no dish/lnb issues).

Using a local post code in Scotland -

102 in Scotland is BBC2 SD.
109 in Scotland is BBC2 HD.

Last week I was using a SW18 post code, and I got 109 BBC2 HD .... since the bump in channels to 101/102 I have lost BBC2 HD. All I get is SD on 102 and 109 is SD. I also lose ITV HD if I use a Scottish post code. I use automatic updating.

Update ...

Reverted to SW18 post code, BBC 2 HD is on 109. And BBC Scotland BBC 1 HD on 973, also have 119 ITV HD. So spent a while sorting out my HD lists etc. Just a PITA hopping all over the EPG! But sorted.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom