New chance for 3D TV?

Tech News

News Supplying Robot
Ian Hardy looks at how 3D TV could be making a come-back thanks to new developments. But could they spell the end of 3D glasses?
More...

Gae

Do you think they're trying to push it?

Perhaps. But even with such a big push they'll never convert you Steve. :D

Gae '3-D'

Posted and intended in a friendly and ironic manner. :smashin:

P.S. Let me shake the hand of one of the few people I know who has "The Swimmer" listed as one of his favourite films.
'2D' or '3D', I agree, it's an underrated Classic. It also boasts one of the best film scores ever written by a 24 year old Marvin Hamlisch...I must dig out my DVD and watch it again sometime. :smashin:

Last edited:

Pecker

Distinguished Member
Perhaps. But even with such a big push they'll never convert you Steve. :D

Gae '3-D'

Posted and intended in a friendly and ironic manner. :smashin:

P.S. Let me shake the hand of one of the few people I know who has "The Swimmer" listed as one of his favourite films.
'2D' or '3D', I agree, it's an underrated Classic. It also boasts one of the best film scores ever written by a 24 year old Marvin Hamlisch...I must dig out my DVD and watch it again sometime. :smashin:

:smashin:

I've told Me Julie we're going to see MBV:3-D this week or next. I'll let you know what we think.

Steve W

Gae

I've told Me Julie we're going to see MBV:3-D this week or next. I'll let you know what we think.

Steve W

Cool :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, our local Cinema isn't 3D ready so I'll just have to wait till the DVD release...assuming it will be released in 3D. :rolleyes:
I'm not really bothered about the film itself that much...lol!! :eek:

Meantime, I'm busy converting my recently acquired DVD of "Friday the 13th part 3-3D" so that I can watch the film with shutter glasses, rather than the headache inducing red/blue glasses provided. :smashin:

Last edited:

landwatcher

Standard Member
It will be a big challenge to the TV broadcaster first because they need to increase budget for the new program...:)

tigertop

Standard Member
Great if it happens but nobody is going to invest without a guaranteed return right now-and that is a big 'Maybe'

MickB

Quote from article:

"Hollywood movie studios do not want a public format war. When they introduce 3D, they want it in a single format for movies."

Her we go again....:)

edward

If they can accommodate multiple sound formats, why not more than one video format? Most data will be common to all formats, so… some will always want to watch their movies on a 2D screen, even if it’s a 3D movie; others of us are looking for a totally engrossing movie experience. When a dedicated display per eye (I like the idea of a pair of little plasma panels, or a laser LEDs writing directly to each retina) becomes available, Dreamworks should be able to give us a “better than life” visual experience. When that happens I can’t see the objection to specs lasting – especially if the opacity of the image can be changed in an instant without removing the specs.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom