• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

new centre speaker

russ p

Standard Member
i am looking to buy a new centre speakerk, it needs to be slime line as not a great deal of room, have been looking at the bose VCS-10 centre channel speaker and the Audica CX-C, can anybody give some advice

badbob

Banned
What are your left & right speakers? Get the matching centre from the same range. The Bose VCS-10 is one of the worst centre speakers ever made.

russ p

Standard Member
What are your left & right speakers? Get the matching centre from the same range. The Bose VCS-10 is one of the worst centre speakers ever made.

i have Mordaunt Short [SIZE=+0]902i[/SIZE] fronts, 4 kef ci100 qr at the rear just looking for a good centre had looked at the matching centre but its a full size unit where i could do with a slime line, open to help

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
Yes, the 905 is the matcher and very good it is too.
It'd be a shame if you can't get it to fit though.

The predecessor was the 304. I wonder if that's any smaller?
Might be worth a look, but availability may well be a problem.

That apart, I can't think of a slim one.

DolbyDan

Audica is an over-priced 'Bose Style' style speaker manufacturer. Try demoing there gear in the Sony Style shops and your hear for yourself!

russ p

Standard Member
i think i will just try and make the 905 fit, it will just mean the tv sitting a little higher, will have to wait and see how high the new amp will be i hope it will be delivered next week. thanks for peoples help

steve748

Standard Member

I was interested by your comment as I was thinking of replacing the Bose centre I have (which is like the double on it's side) with the VCS-10. I know Bose don't publish the performance figures of their 'Hi-fi' which leads me to think their stuff is crap!
I have the Acoustimass AV10 which is fine for TV etc but sounds crap when I do an A-B comparison with my Cyrus/Quad

russ p

Standard Member
thats alot of inches, cant make my mind what to have, just picked up my celing speakers today, i think i will end up with the 905, the shop said i will have to wait another week for my amp:mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom