1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Centre Speaker for my Pix 'N' Mix System

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Gizmo 76, Aug 17, 2003.

1. Gizmo 76

Gizmo 76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +522
    I've recently upgraded my DVD player from a 'Pioneer 717' to my new 'Sony NS930V'.

I'm very happy with the improvement in picture quality, but also a little annoyed by the non-improvement in layer change speed :mad:.

Anyway's back to my question, I have 'Monitor Audio 2' Speakers as my fronts, i'm happy to keep these as my room is on the small side and they do the job just fine. But i would like to replace my old 'B&W 2000IFS' Centre speaker, which sound totally different tonally to my fronts, no smooth panning of sound here!! :(

Should i try out the new 'Bronze' or 'Silver' series from Monitor Audio, or would i be better suited trying to find an older Monitor Audio centre nearer the production time my fronts or a different make of speaker all together???

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I would look for an older matched centre or alternatively look for another monitor audio 2 and use it...... that will give the best tonal match.

Ad

3. Gizmo 76

Gizmo 76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +522
    I'll look into finding something from the same range(i.e. Montior Audio 2), but i'm also thinking i might replace my Fronts(I'll move my Fronts to Rear postion) and Centre Speakers this year and my Rears next, what would you recommend for my setup and a budget of about £500-£600 for Fronts and Centre?

4. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Im not the one to ask on your options to be honest, I think that good advice is again with the tonal match..... stick with the monitor audio brand all round and i think you would be making a good move. Other brands may work likewise, but you would have to go looking!

Ad