New centre speaker advice if possible

busterbenny2001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

Thanks for looking in, looking to upgrade my centre speaker for a larger one more suitable for my large extension and wondered if anyone had any advice.

Room is 6 m by 3 m

Current set up is q accoustic 1050i fronts with matching q accoustic 1000ci centre.

1020i l and r surrounds

1010i l and r rears

Amp is a denon avr2000

Thinking my centre seems to lack the power needed for a room of this size and as people stress it's the most important speaker in the setup wondered what would be a suitable replacement.

Was interested in the kef reference 200 as it had great reviews.

Wondered what you knowledgable people could advise.

Thanks in advance

Buster

You should use a centre speaker from the same manufacturer and from the same range as being used for your L and R speakers. This ensures the tone of the audio is matchted right the way across the front soundstage. Q Acoustics only made one centre speaker for their 1000i range. Speakers do not generate power so I'm not sure where you get the idea that your current centre speaker isn't powerful enough? The speaker is getting the same amount of power as any one of your other speakers and the centre speaker in question is just as capable as the matching speakers to either side of it because they all utilise the exact same drive units. How far are you from the front speakers, specifically the centre speaker?

If you want to replace the centre speaker then you should also be looking to replace your Left and Right front speakers so that they all match one another tonally. If not wanting to or not willing to replace all three speakers then there's no suitable alternative with which to replace your exating centre speaker with.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom