1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New centre for JM Labs sib & cub ?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Andy1, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Andy1

Andy1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all - can anyone help ?

I own the sib and cub connected to a Pioneer VSX 812. I am very happy with them, except I feel the centre is a little weak / lacks mid range. Indeed, I feel that speech is a little more "tinny" than speech direct from the TV.

With this in mind, I wonder if anyone has thoughts on :

Ø is this likely to be a function of the receiver - are there any tweaks that may help ie receiver adjustments, or would "expensive" speaker cable make a difference (using 35 strand supplied with kit by Creative Audio)

Ø if it is the speaker that is lacking, can anyone recommend a suitable upgrade that would tonally match the other sibs (budget up to, say, £150 as I assume my set up could not do a more expensive centre justice). Ideally, not a monster size center as it has to sit on top of the TV and wife pressure may become a factor.

Many thanks for any input

2. arielshiran

arielshiran

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    would probably be a Sib XL or a Sib XXL speaker which will perfectly match your sib speakers and will for sure give you better center performance.
    Try it and tell us what you think.