Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

new cd player needed

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by rushy7, Dec 6, 2003.

1. rushy7

rushy7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    i have a sony cdpxe570 cd player and am looking to upgrade any ideas?im thinking of marantz cd5400,marantz cd6000 ose ,nad c521i
    my amp is a nad c321ibee

2. nsherin

nsherin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I had a Sony RCD-W3 CD recorder that was supposed to perform at around the same level as a CDP-XE570. Was looking for an upgrade and decided to dem the NAD C521BEE and the Marantz CD5400.

I preferred the NAD, as I found it was less bright than the Marantz. Both players are detailed, punchy and well constructed. The NAD should be a better match with your amp than the Marantz. For £200, you can't go far wrong - a superb player. The CD5400 is still an excellent player - just not to my taste, soundwise.

3. cbemoore

cbemoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I've got a Marantz CD6000 OSE which I'm thinking of selling, because I never seem to use it these days (I always use my DVD player instead).

Its black, and in perfect condition as far as I can tell. I originally paid £300 for it, so I'd be looking for around £150.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll put up a For Sale ad in the Classified section.

Regards
    Chris

4. Roam

Roam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a NAD C521BEE (titanium) from Richers for the princely sum of £160 and must say its an excellent player and will match your amp beautifully. Richers have it in their catalogue for £200 and on their website for £183.95 but I managed to get them to beat the £170 qouted by www.hispek.com (01727 791133) and www.hificonfidential.com by £10. Alternatively wait for the sales to start on Boxing Day and maybe you will find a better price for them to beat by £10.