1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new cd player needed

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by rushy7, Dec 6, 2003.

1. rushy7

rushy7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    i have a sony cdpxe570 cd player and am looking to upgrade any ideas?im thinking of marantz cd5400,marantz cd6000 ose ,nad c521i
    my amp is a nad c321ibee

2. nsherin

nsherin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I had a Sony RCD-W3 CD recorder that was supposed to perform at around the same level as a CDP-XE570. Was looking for an upgrade and decided to dem the NAD C521BEE and the Marantz CD5400.

I preferred the NAD, as I found it was less bright than the Marantz. Both players are detailed, punchy and well constructed. The NAD should be a better match with your amp than the Marantz. For £200, you can't go far wrong - a superb player. The CD5400 is still an excellent player - just not to my taste, soundwise.

3. cbemoore

cbemoore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I've got a Marantz CD6000 OSE which I'm thinking of selling, because I never seem to use it these days (I always use my DVD player instead).

Its black, and in perfect condition as far as I can tell. I originally paid £300 for it, so I'd be looking for around £150.

If you're interested, let me know and I'll put up a For Sale ad in the Classified section.

Regards
    Chris

4. Roam

Roam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a NAD C521BEE (titanium) from Richers for the princely sum of £160 and must say its an excellent player and will match your amp beautifully. Richers have it in their catalogue for £200 and on their website for £183.95 but I managed to get them to beat the £170 qouted by www.hispek.com (01727 791133) and www.hificonfidential.com by £10. Alternatively wait for the sales to start on Boxing Day and maybe you will find a better price for them to beat by £10.