New CD Player help

T

trickylad

Looking to buy a new CD player to hook up to my new Sony STRDB700 amp. Have a budget of a ton. I want an optical connection and CD RW playback as the key features. I have a Sony RDR HX510 PVR so i was thinking of 'keeping things in the family' with a Sony SCD-XE597 - comes in £ just over £100 inc delivery.

Am I being daft? Seems like the Denon and NAD's get better reviews but I'm not sure how much difference you'll get at this price. Plus the sony is SACD compatible for when i listen to my Sting Tantric Lovemaking collection.

Any thoughts chucked my way will be gratefully received.

Tricky

kidloco46

like you said, at this price I dont think theres going to be a whole heap of differance, if it has to be NEW then you might as well system match and go with the Sony.

I would think the best option would be to look at the second hand market, £100 would buy quite a nice little player, and if you wanted to keep it sony the ES range were pretty good, some real bargins to be had out there and Hi-Fi gear is normally really well looked after if you get mid range and above stuff.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONY-CDP-XA2E...52QQihZ007QQcategoryZ3272QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom