New Cartridge for Rega Planar 3 (1986ish)

Loomah

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all
I recently posted a thread in these forums looking to bring my Rega back to life (Rega planar 3 and beyond)
This was all VERY useful but the stylus I was recommended by @Ugg10 (Nagaoka JNP-110) seems to be impossible to source at the moment so I have asked one supplier/retailer for additional suggestions.

Basically I am now looking at potentially shifting from a stylus replacement to a cartridge replacement. The (very) basic budget I suggested was in the region of the cost of a Nagaoka MP-150 cartridge. They have come back to me with the suggestion of an Audio-Technica VM530EN (VM530EN)

Is this cartridge a suitable/worthy replacement for the Nagaoka MP-11 I currently have? Is it in any way an upgrade/downgrade? A cursory search is returning very few reviews, but I don't know the best places to look - which is why I am here asking the question!!

Thank you all in advance😇

Hey. People on this site tend to recommend the VM540ML, rather than the VM530EN. The AT miro-line styluses are incredibly well regarded.
Hope that helps.

Hey. People on this site tend to recommend the VM540ML, rather than the VM530EN. The AT miro-line styluses are incredibly well regarded.
Hope that helps.
That does indeed help. Just starting at things on the interweb I came across the 540ML and did wonder how come that wasn't recommended. I think that may be the alternative to the elusive jnp110 stylus!
Thanks again for the help

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom