New Cartridge for Rega Planar 3 (1986ish)

Loomah

Standard Member
Hi all
I recently posted a thread in these forums looking to bring my Rega back to life (Rega planar 3 and beyond)
This was all VERY useful but the stylus I was recommended by @Ugg10 (Nagaoka JNP-110) seems to be impossible to source at the moment so I have asked one supplier/retailer for additional suggestions.

Basically I am now looking at potentially shifting from a stylus replacement to a cartridge replacement. The (very) basic budget I suggested was in the region of the cost of a Nagaoka MP-150 cartridge. They have come back to me with the suggestion of an Audio-Technica VM530EN (VM530EN)

Is this cartridge a suitable/worthy replacement for the Nagaoka MP-11 I currently have? Is it in any way an upgrade/downgrade? A cursory search is returning very few reviews, but I don't know the best places to look - which is why I am here asking the question!!

Thank you all in advance😇

acgingersnaps

Hey. People on this site tend to recommend the VM540ML, rather than the VM530EN. The AT miro-line styluses are incredibly well regarded.
Hope that helps.

Loomah

Standard Member
Hey. People on this site tend to recommend the VM540ML, rather than the VM530EN. The AT miro-line styluses are incredibly well regarded.
Hope that helps.
That does indeed help. Just starting at things on the interweb I came across the 540ML and did wonder how come that wasn't recommended. I think that may be the alternative to the elusive jnp110 stylus!
Thanks again for the help

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom