New car prices---WOW

haha - the head office is there and as such have a classroom set up. We just have a tiny office in UK just to have a registered address more than anything.

I either have to drive 4hrs to Brum, 4+hrs to Heathrow and then park or get a flight from Exeter or Bristol and go via Dublin. This can take up to 12hrs depending on the connection flight times and then when I get to Brussels I have to get to Antwerp. Bit of a dilemma, especially as I used to live 30min from BHX :laugh:

Re car prices - I see them starting to tumble now.

I am looking for a nearly new EV and a Tesla Model 3 LR has dropped around £6k in as many weeks.

Seeing similar with the likes of BMW and VW.

New cars are also attracting discounts of up to 12.5% too through brokers which was zero just a few months ago.

Still a long was to go but at least its in the right direction. I am hoping by Jan there is some more drops in values to be had but I think we may have reached the biggest drop at the min. I think the "cheaper" cars won't be affected so much as everyone is terminating their PCP's and getting what they can afford......ie the £6-15k market, so I imagine this will hold fairly strong.

As soon as you start needing finance, this is where the market will plummet as 8%+ APR on a £40k car is not going to be attractive to many people.
Useful to know. Obviously I'm not in the market for a new car, so not aware of the discounts. I've been keeping an eye on asking prices for similar cars to my wife's C200, plus doing occasional WBAC quotes for it, as we were thinking of selling it and downsizing.

However having driven it this weekend for the first time in ages I was reminded how nice it is to drive (especially compared to my Ka!). It still got 40mpg on a 20 mile run out (Ka gets about 46mpg due to mostly short trips). Not sure the amount left over would be worth the change and since it's paid for no finance involved. I think we'd just end up in an older car which I'd then have to do all the preventative work I've already done on the C200, hence now thinking we'll just upgrade the Ka since it does get a lot of use, so would be nice if we're using something a bit more up to date.

Doesn't really matter if it's value drops as it's already at the low end though maybe the cars we're looking at will be in demand from ex-PCPers so we could be unlucky...in which case I might just have to buy the Abarth version that they'll perceive as being expensive to run. ;)

Good call on the beer/wine collection on the way back. One downside for living where you do, but knowing that general area it is compensated for in many other ways. :)

My daughter drives from Antwerp to Somerset and back, probably once a year.

She doesn't find it too hard but prefers to do it with some company to make sure she's on the correct road or help with diversions, usually the A303 at Stonehenge with all the grockles causing traffic chaos.

Doesn't do a beer run though as she lives in Belgium and usually ends up taking back more than she came with as things are more expensive over there.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom