New Canal/In-ear phones

Shadows1990

Standard Member
Looking for a replacement pair for my Sony MDR-EX85's. Although they have served me well, the cable connecting to the 'phones has become very flimsy, and will most probably break soon.

I'll be using these mainly for the journey to Uni everyday, as well as in class. Even though the EX85's were open, they seemed alright with other students in the same vicinity, as long as I didn't go too crazy with the volume

The stuff I listen to usually is rock (and rarely metal), acoustic rock, DnB, and chillout. Oh, and I'll probably be using these for the odd night-gaming session.
I can go to about £40, and maybe a tad over, if it's worth it.

I've narrowed it down a few:

Sony MDR-EX90LP
Denon AHC-452BKEM
V-Moda Vibe
Shure SE110

What are people's opinions on these, or anything else in the same price range?
Also, I've tried the Sennheiser CX300, which weren't to my taste

Matt W

Novice Member
Don't get the Denon's! I got some and they make my ears sad. So ridiculously muddy.

Prize78

the Shure's always seem to do well in reviews etc....I've seen the se110's for around 40 notes too. :thumbsup:

Shadows1990

Standard Member
the Shure's always seem to do well in reviews etc....I've seen the se110's for around 40 notes too. :thumbsup:
I've done a helluva lot of reading online this evening, and have decided to up the budget to go for the Shure SCL2's.
I hope I'm not disappointed :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom