New Camcorder Required

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by boabw, May 25, 2004.

1. boabw

boabw
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I wish to procure a new Digi Camcorder but don't know what to get but I roughly know what I am looking for.

I have roughly £350 to spend and was hopefully looking for a camera with DV In/Out capabaility as well as possibly analogue inputs to transfer VHS to digital format for putting out on CD/DVD.

I can get a JVC GR-D73 which has all this for £366 fro sound & vision online but I can't find any review to help me out.

I also like the Sony DCR-HC14E (I think) for £289 from Comet Online but it lacks DV In and Analogue inputs but feels quite comfortable to hold as I have had a quick shot on one.

Can anybody offer any suggestions on these two plus offer any other useful advice on what I could possibly buy.

Thanks

2. Mentorron

Mentorron
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is the same camera made for a different market (N. America/NTSC 680k CCD instead of 800k for PAL):

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/jvc-gr-d72-camcorder-review.htm

(They add a digit to the model number. Sometimes the only difference is a case color panel.)
    e.g. I have a GR-D32U (grey case): the USA has the GR-D33U (blue case)