1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new camcorder advice

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by STONESY, Mar 16, 2003.

1. STONESY

STONESY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    im totally new to the camcorder world and world appreciate some advice on which format and model to purchase,i intend to do some editing on my p.c so a dv in/out is a necessity. i have narrowed my choices down to the sony trv-240 or the panasonic nv-gx7 obviously there is a big price difference so i woul like to know if it is worth spending the extra money but as i cant find a review on the panasonic im a bit in the dark,or is there a better alternative that i should consider.The panasonic is at the top end of my budget.
    Hope to hear from someone in the know.

2. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    if you want some good advice buy the sony pc 115 it is one hell of a camcorder and with good lighting you can take decent pics as well.

good luck evans

3. EvilMudge

EvilMudge

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The GX-7 is a very good camcorder, but have you considered the lower range Panasonic's?

4. OGIII

OGIII

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I;ve just swapped my Sony IP5 for a Panasonic GS1 (no DV IN on this one) at £385 what an excellent bit of kit. Easy to use, good picture quality - miles better than the Sony.

Had no problems whatsoever making SVCDs in Pin Studio8 (when I think of the ball ache trying to get that to work with my Sony MMV it makes me shiver).

Cheers
    OG

5. evans

evans

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    OGIII

when I was about to buy a camcorder I was considering everthing including the panasonic but went with the sony pc 115 and it was a great choice. had to do alot of research but glad I did. the ip5 never came into it after i read it takes a different tape and the still pics where not so good and the fact that night shots werent good of what I read. the only plus is its compactness.