New Cable...it gets worse

Donec

Standard Member
Hi All

Just received a new audio cable, last ones left channel was causing terrible 'noise', plugged into desktop and stereo and,hey presto, no sound. Then I discovered that the mouse didn't work so had to turn off the puter,tried it again and same problem with mouse,and still no sound.If its not one thing....
any ideas please?
thanks in advance
Donec

Ben Jammin

What?

What type of audio cable, 3.5mm to RCA? (ie. What do you plug it into on your PC and what does it connect to at the other end?

The problem with the left channel could be your PC not the cable. Or it could be your amp. Or your speakers.

Donec

Standard Member
the usual fare, 3.5mm male - 2RCA male cable. Just touching the area around the 'line in' socket, the connection on the pc, caused this reply page to freeze up, I didn't do anything particularly stupid as no other cable has caused such a reaction,
thanks anyway

Ben Jammin

Must be something wrong with your PC. I don't see how the audio output could affect a browser though. Have you installed any new software recently?

I still dont see how it's the cable, you said the last one was bad and this one is worse. It could be a detoriating situation on the PC?

If you put the cable in without connecting it to your amp at the other end what happens?

Donec

Standard Member
something loose in the pc,according to someone who has just whipped the back off,all tickety-boo now though!
thanks for your comments :)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom