New C1, Picture (Sky HDMI) flashing on off, HELP!!!

Nickadeemus

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I’ve just set up my brand new C1 tv.

When I choose Sky, it’s just flashing on and off, I’ve checked the cables all seem ok.

Image appears for 1 second, disappears for 3 seconds, continues to do this.

Any ideas please?😩

Thanks

Sky+HD or Sky Q?
What video resolution have you set your Sky box to?

Sky+HD or Sky Q?
What video resolution have you set your Sky box to?
It’s Sky Q, @JayCee. I haven’t touched Sky setting, just unplugged from Hisense TV, into this one. Getting in to settings is a nightmare, 1 second windows! What should I set it to? Thanks

Last edited:
I believe in LG TV’s you need to go into the TV’s menu and turn on “Deep Colour” for whatever HDMI input you have the Q box plugged into.

In the meantime if you can’t find that setting on your TV you should be able to get a stable Sky picture by pressing Home1080Home on the Sky Q remote (“Home” is a single press of the button with the “Home” icon on it)

Don’t forget the newer C1 & G1 need a firmware update (03.20.80)for 4K to work over HDMI.

It’s out OTA but may take a few days to show up so you can download it from LG and self install if needed urgently.

Thanks @JayCee and @Pug72. Getting fed up now! Richer suggested a different HDMI lead. £30 later- same. Still no firmware update available either 😩
If you need the update now, don't waste time waiting for the TV to offer it and just manually download and install via USB stick instead. The download and instructions are available from any C1 or G1 support page:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom