new buld any input welcome

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by telboy121, Sep 15, 2007.

1. telboy121

telboy121
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just getting the bit's for my new rig,only buying it as dx10 is now apon us!!
    so far i have case
    http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.asp?product_id=14005&category_id=483&manufacturer_id=0#
    power supply enermax 850
    quad core 6600 95 watt version
    asus striker sli board
    im not sure on ram yet but will slap 4 gig in it,and not sure on gpu-gpu's
    yet,so any input on them would be cool.
    also as you can see from the case im going to try my first water cooled rig as id
    like to overclock the cpu and im told qores run hothttp://www.avforums.com/forums/images/smilies/eek.gif
    :eek:my old rig i have has 2 x1900xtx in it 2gig of mushkin ram 1 74 gig raptor drive for my games and os and a single 400 gig hd for other stuss,and im running
    that useing an old fx 55 single core,will i notice a big jump in performance in the new rig im building,any thoughts guys welcome:clap:

2. jezzer256

jezzer256

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    Hi, welcome to the forums!

Whether you will notice much of a difference will depend on the graphics card you buy (obviously), and the resolution that you play the games at. Anything below 1680 x 1050 I doubt you'll see much difference (in DX9 games of course). I'm pretty sure you won't see much difference in windows, because an FX55 rig with 2gb RAM and a raptor is a pretty decent setup!

The DX10 games out at the moment are not very good. Tested with 2 8800gtxs, company of heroes struggled at anything above 1024x768, which is a real shame. So I guess if you want real good DX10 performance, 2 high-end 8 series cards is the way to go. Don't bother with the ATi 2900s!

Good luck with the build; you're brave going for water cooling!

Jez

3. telboy121

telboy121
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ahhhhh dont say that bout water cooling
    i know there is a risk of bang but ive been told most of the probs with it have been sorted ,im going to test run it for 2 to 3 days before i turn on the board
    also yes i see what your saying about dx10 games,but crisis will be hot
    also it will use the other cores from the cpu as will more new dx10 games
    thanks for your post nice forums
    :clap:
    im also going to add gpu last as i think nvidia are going to release new cards pretty soon:thumbsup: