New build

allspark

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if all of these parts will be compatible. I'm building without graphics and buying a card about a month later, I already have cd drive and wireless card, any help appreciated.:)

processor- Intel i5 2500k
mobo -Msi z68A-GD55
case- fractal design r3
psu- 650w antec truepower modular
ram- 8GB corsair xms3
ocz ssd
cooler ?

Last edited:
They are all compatible, I would shop around for a deal on a HDD though

I'll have a look around for hdd, hopefully they'll come down in price next year and i can get a bigger one. thanks for you'r help.

You might consider getting a modular power supply to get a neater/tidy install :smashin:

I would go with 8GB RAM personally, it is not a lot more money, and it will make your system more future proof, if that is even possible with computers ;)

Last edited:
I would go with 8GB RAM personally, it is not a lot more money, and it will make your system more future proof, if that is even possible with computers ;)
Thanks I'm changing it to 8gb its worth it:smashin:

Completely agree that now is the time to snap up 8GB or RAM as it's so cheap even though you don't need unless your encoding/photoshop etc.

The Corsair builder series PSU's aren't great. The Antec one you spec'd above is very good and modular. Remember though the fractal design define R3 hasn't got a windowed case (although they are rumoured to be releasing one next year) so modular isn't all that essential but it does improve case airflow and is easier to build with.

With current HDD prices still high (but slowly falling), rather than getting a £56 250GB HDD I'd grab an OCZ Agility 3 60GB for £70 and install your OS and vital programmes/game or two to that. Then when prices have stabilised and back to normal grab a storage drive or keep and eye out on the classifieds if budget is tight and one is need urgently.

Motherboard is fine but I'd go for this one. Bit cheaper and overclocks brilliantly!

MSI Z68A-GD55 (B3) Motherboard

What CPU cooler are you using? Surely not the stock Intel one?

With current HDD prices still high (but slowly falling), rather than getting a £56 250GB HDD I'd grab an OCZ Agility 3 60GB for £70 and install your OS and vital programmes/game or two to that. Then when prices have stabilised and back to normal grab a storage drive or keep and eye out on the classifieds if budget is tight and one is need urgently.
I'll have a look at them thanks.
Motherboard is fine but I'd go for this one. Bit cheaper and overclocks brilliantly!

MSI Z68A-GD55 (B3) Motherboard
Thanks again I've changed to that one.

What CPU cooler are you using? Surely not the stock Intel one?
Yeah I was going to get a hyper 212 or a Gelid later on as I didn't know if there would be much point overclocking since I wasnt going to be gaming on it for a month until I get a graphics card. Do you think its best getting one straight away?

Last edited:
I would just get a cooler now. It'll save you a right pain in the backside if you have to remove the motherboard to fit the new cooer. (Although the motherboad tray on the Fractal Design Define R3 has a large cut away behind it). For the sake of £25 (+P&P) I'd rather get it now.

Well, seeing how the 2500k is easily capable of 4.5gHz out of the box with no voltage tweaks (just crank up the CPU multiplier to 45), probably worth getting a better cooler!

Perfect.

Cool:) one last question will that psu be enough for a 2gb 560ti ?

Will take a look at them and thanks you've been a great help.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom