no beeps
HDD silent
mouse light does work though.

Spec:
Mobo(brand new) - Gigabyte GA-H61M-S2PV v 2.0
PSU(brand new) - Corsair CX430 Builder Series v2
CPU(brand new) - Intel Celeron G530
RAM(brand new) - Kingston Value 4GB DDR3 1300MHz
Case(had since 2005) - Antec P150(without the Antec PSU)

I tried first with the original Antec PSU that came with the case but that didn't work with the same symptoms as above so I thought it was the PSU at fault and then replaced with the one above.

I've built 5 or 6 PCs over the years without any problems in the past. Its been a couple of years since my last build so I might be missing something obvious.

The power is getting into the mobo as the light is lit up on the IR mouse.
The power switch led briefly lights when pressed but no noise at all, no movement at all in the system.

I've reseated all the power connectors and wiggled them. Same with the ram.

What can I try next?
Any help appreciated.

Are you using two ram sticks - try just one in each socket. Otherwise most likely cause is faulty motherboard though it could be the cpu.

Are you using two ram sticks - try just one in each socket. Otherwise most likely cause is faulty motherboard though it could be the cpu.

I'm only using 1 4GB stick. I'll try it in the other socket then.

Edit: Yep tried the other socket but still no joy.

Last edited:
Hi Broosta, I had a similar problem recently and it did turn out to be the M/board. Make sure you buy one of these PC 20/24 Pin PSU ATX SATA HDD Power Supply Tester UK | eBay so that you can rule out the PSU's then work back from there.

Well I've had the same problem with 2 PSUs now so I doubt its the PSU thats the problem, although that tester looks cool, thanks for the heads up.

So that leaves the Mobo or the CPU as the culprit.

Actually, what would happen if the PSU was not powerful enough? Both PSUs were 430w, mobo might need more?

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
OK sorted it now. It will post.

It was the power switch.

I disconnected all the front panel stuff and used a screwdriver to bridge the power terminals on the mobo and it posted!
Good news is that all the stuff I bought works, bad news is that maybe I didn't even need to buy any of it!:facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom