New Build Shed Ht

Nice screen bud, Looks likt the project is coming together.

Nice one
Darko

Carpet down, so finished, we are re-decorating the lounge and have ordered a new sofa, when this arrives, i will have the old 3 seater , not ideal but will do as a stop gap.
Should be in a position about feb to have the funds for a projector, so its a toss up between z4, ae900, hitachi 200.
With the underlay down and new carpet, it feels so cosy and warm in there,once inside you would have no-idea that you are in a shed.
Dave

Attachments

• SHED 207DEC.jpg
    SHED 207DEC.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 1,714
  • SHED200.jpg
    SHED200.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 1,507
Looks very smart :thumbsup: , and as you say Dave from the inside you would not know it was a shed.

Projector arrived today,went for a sharp 201e from nexnix £499
set it up this afternoon,fantastic for the money blacks are black ,no rainbows
no pixilation,colours are fantastic, image just "pops of the screen "glad i went with the all grey carpet tiles, room is still dark with projector running.
played finding nemo, was like looking out of a window
will try and post some screenshots.
ordered at 4pm yesterday,arrived 11am today !!!
i know it`s not hd,but for the price it is amazing and living in guernsey it is so hard to demo a projector,so this is a cheap way of trying dlp
if you want to spend £500,go for it.
Dave

One of my installers has just shut up shop and emergrated to 30 acres of land on an island in Canada.

He has built a barn and will live in that while the house is being build, he is taking a 10ft screen with him and a large projector and the barn will become his cinema room, seating about 20!

His reasons! Its a 6 hour round trip to the nearest comercial cinema!!!!!

Great work sirata, love to see the faces of you friends when you invite them round for a movie and take them down the end of the garden.

scharf_10 said:
Just need to see the final pictures now:
Definitely :)

Mate, is your shed cold? Your shed is small, mine is 27ftx12ft and there is no heating, I'm scared that if I leave my PJ in there it might freeze, or there will be condensation when you on the PJ, any problems like that so far?

its not coldat all,being a room in a room,it is well insulated, i have been out there this afternoon,its about 2 degrees outside, but i did not need the heater on.
I have oil fired rad, which comes on between 2 and 4 in the morning and for an hour at lunch, to stop everything getting cold, but the climate where i am
it never gets really cold.

Dave

Hi Dave,

If you wire a room stat in to the fire you can make sure it only comes on of the temperature drops below a fixed limit (say 4 degrees C). That might save a little money.

Gary

Dave, we need the final pictures? About 10 will do showing all the angles and a couple of screenshots!

Jeff

Great story so far cant wait for final pics!!

BTW as a security company GM I hope a good alarm has gone it there!!

Here are a few internal shots,along with some screenshots.
The screen is 76 inches diagnol,home made.
Excuse the sofa and display cabinet, we have just re-vamped the lounge,
they are 80`s throwbacks,the sofa is very comfy,just needs a cover.
The hancontrollers,are plugged into wall sockets,connected to the pc,great
for playing fifa 06 with my 7 year old.
The cabinet holds a few of my die-casts,along with some lego and my
first school calculator,didn`t want to chuck it out.
The small cabinet on the other side is our old tv cabinet which houses a lot of books.
The cabinet with the yam amp and dvd player and computer needs a bit of a tidy up,the keene extender reveiver on the left works very well.
Ontop is my monitor withe Netgear router alongside.computer is connected by ethernet for quick downloads of hi def demo clips. My laptop in the house
about 40 ft away always gets a strong connection anywhere in the house.

When i first got the projector i connected it up quickly to the laptop which has an ati card, the colours were very washed out,but connected to the dell
computer which is nvidia,colours are very much better.

Yam amp feeds a mission center and rears with b and w 600 fronts,these are
all from the lounge re-vamp,the wife is very pleased they are gone, i `m very happy with the sound.
All in all i am well chuffed,i had all the equipment sitting around doing nothing
,so the only major expense is the projector.

Dave:D

Attachments

• cin 1 25feb.jpg
    cin 1 25feb.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 1,061
  • cin2 25feb.jpg
    cin2 25feb.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 963
  • cin3 25feb.jpg
    cin3 25feb.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 1,267
  • cin4 25feb.jpg
    cin4 25feb.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 757
  • cin5 25feb.jpg
    cin5 25feb.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 905
  • cin6 25feb.jpg
    cin6 25feb.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 790
  • cin7 25feb.jpg
    cin7 25feb.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 873
  • cin8 25feb.jpg
    cin8 25feb.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 760
  • cin9 25feb.jpg
    cin9 25feb.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 858
  • cin10 25feb.jpg
    cin10 25feb.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 843
  • cin11 25feb.jpg
    cin11 25feb.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 955
  • cin12 25feb.jpg
    cin12 25feb.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 750
  • cin13 25feb.jpg
    cin13 25feb.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 790
  • cin14 25 feb.jpg
    cin14 25 feb.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 735
  • cin15 25feb.jpg
    cin15 25feb.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 755
  • cin16 25feb.jpg
    cin16 25feb.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 621
  • cin17 25feb.jpg
    cin17 25feb.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 661
Forgot to say
the screenshots are
Robbie, live at the albert hall
in game shot of half life 2
the others are pictures i have on my computer
the are to give an idea of the colours it can produce, i find even if you pause
a movie or use the projector freeze, it still blurs the image
Dave

That looks like such a good room, like a perfect hideaway for the boys.:thumbsup:

Great looking room, well done :)

Plus what a shock I got when looking at the pictures. That motorised Lego tank tracked toy I had when I was a kid. I had totally forgotten about it. It is probably still at my parents place. What a blast from the past. :D

Santa bought me a few toys,see pics, played with the xbox tonight, lovely bit
of kit, dashboard looks so clear and bright on this projector,hooked up
the hd-dvd add on, the bigest problem with it, its going to be so hard to watch all my sd-dvds, it really is clear, you can feel yourself smiling when you look around the picture to see how much detail you can see.A year
on and i still love this sharp projector:thumbsup:

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 1,591
  • a2.jpg
    a2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 658
looking good mate,tell me,when you did your skirting,did you attatch it to bare wall or over the carpet tiles and what with.:thumbsup:

Just finished the carpeting of the whole room,all walls and ceiling,had to wait a fair bit for b and q to keep re-stocking in tiles.Couldn`t justify to the wife the big outlay for them at the start,so kept buying a few boxes at a time,but they kept running out of my colour.
Still on a high (literally ) all tiles stuck in place with evo-stick. very pleased with the outcome,will post pictures this weekend.just need skirting,carpet for the floor and small matter of projector.ae900 or z4, i saw an ht1000 at stuff live a few years back,great picture ,but i had a headache in 10mins, so i guess dlp s out for me.

Dave

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom