new build problem

thorley37

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I built my first PC, everything is running OK except when shutdown and try to restart, it will restart only if I switch the power supply off then back on, power supply is a corsair rm650 motherboard is a gigabyte h87-hd3, anyone got any ideas if I have done something wrong

I built my first PC, everything is running OK except when shutdown and try to restart, it will restart only if I switch the power supply off then back on, power supply is a corsair rm650 motherboard is a gigabyte h87-hd3, anyone got any ideas if I have done something wrong

Hi, you may have a short between the motherboard and the case, try running the system with the motherboard out of the case. If this works then make sure the 'spacers or standoffs' are in place correctly between board and case.

Last edited:
Also you can check if you have done the correct wiring for your case power on/off to your motherboard. Check the manual of your motherboard for help

Has the power button every worked correctly? As phoenixibs states if you wire it up wrongly it might not work.

Powering the button off on the PSU then simulates effectively a power failure and restore. Bioses often have this setting which can usually be set as Always Power On\Remember Last State\Stay off. If the former then this will always boot the computer which by coincidence is what you are seeing ?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom