• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

New Build playing silly buggers

jerrardm

Standard Member
Okay, after much thought and helpful advice from people on here I finally got round to buying and building my new pc with the following spec:

core i5 2500K
asus p8p67 mobo
8gb corsair vengeance ram
1gb graphics card
64gb SSD
2 x 1tb HDD

And for a few days all was well, it started up disgustingly quickly but now all is not well. Two problems:

1. When I switch on the computer starts up for a few seconds but before it even activates my monitor it switches itself off with the red DRAM led flashing first. It then restarts itself with no input from me and then switches itself off again but without the red led flashing light this time. Third time it starts up and goes all the way through to running windows normally.

2. When it goes into sleep mode if I press a key on the keyboard or move the mouse the computer reactivates but the monitor doesn't and I have to reboot.

In a word....HELP!!

8ace

Established Member
1) I have corsair XMS3 1600mhz ram on the same board with the same cpu as you. The ram XMP settings will not run at this speed they have to be manually configured to 1300mhz as the timings are very tight under intel xmp profiles for the given voltage. I can't even up the mem volt as it can damage the cpu. Not sure if it's the same prob as you but mine fails on reboot saying overclock fail. the mem @1300mhz is fine though and I doubt will be any difference performance wise

2) I have always had issues with sleep mode on many of my builds which proved to be time consuming to work out so never use it now.

May not help at all but I've had a go

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom