1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New build plasterboard stage

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by sirata, Apr 30, 2005.

1. sirata

sirata

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    I am in the process of bulilding a dedicated ht,i have finished the framing,now looking to put in cabling before the plasterboard goes up, want to cover all my bases now

1/ i want to future proof it, so a year down the road will probably have a hd dvd player and high def sky, connected by hdmi, the projector will be along the lines of z3/ae700, i want to leave as my last purchase as they soon date.
    IS their such a thing as a switch box for hdmi.
    what other cables would you lay for the projector

2/ my idea is to buy a keene ir extender kit and have the ir reciever below the screen, about 11ft from seating area, does any one have any feedback on how well they work, or should i spend more on xantech stuff.

3/ i would like to have xbox/ps2 in the component rack and run the joy pad leads to outlet sockects either sife of the seats, so people can plug in their joypads, are there such things as joypad extention leads and does anyone think xbox2 will uses the same controllers, also what cabling should i run to the projector.

sorry for all the questions, but i want to get it right at this stage

Dave :thumbsup: