New build,need help choosing an AVR

dilyanyordanov

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I am building a home theatre system. Mostly this setup would be used for watching movies, 90%, 10% would be for listening to music.

So far I bought two front speakers Focal Aria 926 and Focal 1000F subwoofer. I am waiting on the center channel Aria cc 900, surround SR 900 and probably two speakers that would be placed on the 926's for dolby atmos - DOME FLAX SAT 1.0.

Okay I have an old Yamaha AVR which won't be able to power those nicely and it is only a 5.1. This setup would be 5.1.2 or later I could add two more atmos speakers for 5.1.4 setup.

After many talks people recommend Denon X3700H or the Marantz SR6015. I know about the hdmi problems and I would be looking to get a Denon with a serial number above 70 000 for a fixed issue. Not sure what that would be for the Marantz.

Main question is which AVR should I get. Prices here pretty much the same at 1450 euros. Marantz is from 50- 150 euros more expensive. I read on the forum here that Marantz focuses a bit more on the music side. Do I need to take anything in consideration or whichever I buy for this setup would be okay.

P.S. Possibly in the feature I might add a power amp for the 926's and the center channel.

Hi guys,
I am building a home theatre system. Mostly this setup would be used for watching movies, 90%, 10% would be for listening to music.

So far I bought two front speakers Focal Aria 926 and Focal 1000F subwoofer. I am waiting on the center channel Aria cc 900, surround SR 900 and probably two speakers that would be placed on the 926's for dolby atmos - DOME FLAX SAT 1.0.

Okay I have an old Yamaha AVR which won't be able to power those nicely and it is only a 5.1. This setup would be 5.1.2 or later I could add two more atmos speakers for 5.1.4 setup.

After many talks people recommend Denon X3700H or the Marantz SR6015. I know about the hdmi problems and I would be looking to get a Denon with a serial number above 70 000 for a fixed issue. Not sure what that would be for the Marantz.

Main question is which AVR should I get. Prices here pretty much the same at 1450 euros. Marantz is from 50- 150 euros more expensive. I read on the forum here that Marantz focuses a bit more on the music side. Do I need to take anything in consideration or whichever I buy for this setup would be okay.

P.S. Possibly in the feature I might add a power amp for the 926's and the center channel.
For 90% movie use I'd go with the Denon.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom