Intel I5 6500 cpu
Gigabyte B150m- d3h motherboard
Corsair vengeance ddr4 2x4gb ram
EVGA geforce gtx 750ti 2gb gddr5
sandisk 250gb
western digital blue 1tb
samsung dvd writer.
corsair 500w bronze psu.

Everything turns on. Alls fans operate, cpu fan operates, graphics card fan on, led lights on. I did get 2 long beeps from the speaker but that is solved. When I turn the pc on it all kicks in, however the monitor which is an old dell monitor from my previous pc stays on the self test, red,blue,green screen. I cant see any bios screen nothing.
I've tried connecting the monitor to the mobo and the graphics card, but nothing.
Can you please help.

Which ports on the monitor and on the computer are you using to connect it?

When you tried the motherboard graphics did you take the graphics card out?

Have you tried connecting it to any other screens you may have in the house such as an HDMI equipped TV?

Which ports on the monitor and on the computer are you using to connect it? The white port at the back from the motherboard, as the monitor connector is white. It also fits into that port too.

When you tried the motherboard graphics did you take the graphics card out? I have tried it in the mobo port too, also fits but doesnt work. I have tried connecting it to the mobo port with the graphics out.

Have you tried connecting it to any other screens you may have in the house such as an HDMI equipped TV?
My monitor doesnt have a hdmi socket.

My monitor doesnt have a hdmi socket.

There are still a dozen different ways it could be connected to your computer so not having HDMI on the monitor doesn't narrow it down much.

I ask in case you're using an adapter that depends on the output supporting a particular signal that your old computer supported but the newer components don't.

Just an update, monitor working. It was my ram.
1. I had them in the wrong slots.
2. Didn't push them all the way in. I was scared I was going to snap them.
Cables tidy, case sides back on and everything working. Just waiting on Windows 7 to come.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom