Question New build (ish) house and AV distribution

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by ra1, May 15, 2018.

1. ra1

ra1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hey everyone,

I am currently going through a pretty major (for me) project. Bought a decent size house (3000 sq ft) back in September last year, managed to get planning permission to demolish the majority of the house - except the front and one flank wall- with a basement, double story rear and new loft extension all approved. Total new square footage is likely to be around 7500 sq ft.

The builders have started the demolition works and started excavating the basement (fp attached) which will host my dedicated home cinema (7.2.4) and Gym etc. The ground floor will have a family room with 5.1 setup.

Going for a loxone based automation system with a loxone music server conencted to 2 amps, 16 zone whole house audio etc and a pure eight 8 x 10 4k HDR matrix.

I will update this thread with the build progress, however for the actual questions -

1. Home theatre, planning on having an Atmos 7.2.4 or 7.2.2 setup. Keeping in mind the sources to be used are all being kept in the plant room and distributed via the Matrix, how do i introduce the av receiver into this mix? Do i need to have a seperate set of sources attached to the AVR and connected just to the projector? Or is there a way to connect the AVR to the matrix to take advantage of all the sources? This same question applies to the family room on the ground floor.

2. In wall speakers suggestions - as this project has already stretched me, i am looking to get the cinema room setup with a budget of £6k. I have already priced up a combination of monitor audio in wall speakers, Epson 7300, Marantz 9.2 channel (which will support 7.2.2 not 7.2.4). Are there any other suggestions? i am yet to procure any equipment so everything is still flexible.

3. Depending on the location of the AVR (plant room or in cinema) what would you suggest in terms of connectivity?

I really would appreciate your thoughts on the above and more than happy to take any constructive feedback on the project.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 14.57.15.png
    Screen Shot 2018-05-15 at 15.01.07.png

Attached Files:

2. ra1

ra1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Current ongoings... IMG_3021.JPG IMG_3023.JPG IMG_3025.JPG