• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be down from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for quite some time while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

new build internal plasterboard wall plasma install HELP!!! PLEASE

madman1178

Novice Member
Hello guys

I am planning on mounting a Panasonic th42px60 (weighs 30 kilos apparently) to an internal plasterboard wall on a newly built house.

I spoke to the site manager and he said the wall is constructed of plasterboard and alumininium framwork.

I assume this is a new type of stud wall.

He said i need to get an electronic stud finder to determine where to mount the bracket.

Can anyone offer any further advice and i dont want to mess this up.

All the cables will be going into the study on the other side of this wall and all my other equipment will be installed in there so out of sight and controlled by some ir extender.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

oh, i was thinking of getting this bracket as it is very slim only 30mm

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ULTRA-SLIM-30...9QQihZ004QQcategoryZ48656QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

SeanT

Distinguished Member
That bracket is bloody awful, there's a very good reason that most wallplates are much bigger than that, you want a stud wall bracket from btech, timms or unicol (in ascending order of price) - the timms universal mount is very good (did a couple friday)

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom