New Build Help

rdbushell

Standard Member
hi, a friend of mine is in the process of building his new house. Could do with some help on what wiring is required for the various AV points needed.

He's looking to put a full 7.1 home cinema set up in an attic room, this will be used for bluray and mainly watching F1, so i recomended getting free sat for this. Think ive got this room covered as its going to be independant to the other rooms, so pretty straight forward.

Im just confused with the rest. He wants to get SKY to the living room, kitchen, bedroom 1, and bedroom 2. But is looking at getting 1 multiroom package. He wants bed 1 linked to living room, and bed 2 linked to kitchen, and the ability to change chanels from either location. The house is in first fix electrical stage, so want to get any wires in that are needed.

He tells me that the electricans he had in 'piggy backed' the rooms with digital satalight cable and coaxial cable, so installing the sky box to the first point is straight forward, but not sure on how to pass the signal on to the next point??

any help would be greatly appriciated

richard

hornydragon

HI Richard I would suggest your friend gets some expert advice at this stage. The whole distribution system needs thought, its not as simple as it may appear. Ideally you need to decide on the quality of feed you want at each location both now and in the future I would suggest cabling to allow for a full 1080p Distribtuion matrix and if he wants sky why not have Sky HD in the cinema room Sky HD gets all the HD channels on freesat and more if he is paying for Sky already its not much extrr for HD he could then have 2-3 Sky HD boxes distribtuted to every room in 1080 with digital audio (this has huge advantages when comes to watching recorded content/anytime. I would keep the Cinema Blu-ray player dedicated but perhpas add a DVD for distribution (great for kids DVD's) and you can even add a PC or Apple TV/MEdia centre for downloaded content... All this is possible if you run a couple of extra cables and locate them wisely.

See what he thinks......

Piggy backing of rooms with coax isn't a standard term can you explain further? As that might be a big issue later on...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom